Since you enjoyed the Beagle, I figured I’d give it another try.. but you must be patient with me.. I sometimes forget where I am.
July 07 2011 at 2:21 PM
The work begins. I’m using 140# white paper made by Canson. From my Pelikan paintbox I used: golden brown, ochre, golden sienna, grey, black, flesh, violet, umber, and red – all of which are very light washes.
July 08 2011 at 1:52 PM
You knew I wouldn’t be able to work with only the washes – oh no!! I just had to start working with the pencils and here is what I’ve used so far: FABER-CASTELL; dark sepia, van dyck brown bistre – and the contributions from DERWENT; sepia, golden brown and burnt sienna. No Inktense as yet.
July 08 2011 at 3:07 PM
I am now starting to add CRETACOLOR Monolith colors as follows: indian red, sienna natural, tan dark (251-31) which looks more pink than tan, tan dark (251-30) which looks more like a sienna – but who am I to argue – oh and english rose. And now comes the Inktense colors as follows: ink black, baked earth and willow. Seems I just need that little extra “pop” from Inktense to make it start coming to life.
July 09 2001 at 12:52 PM
From CRETACOLOR: glacier blue, light grey, dark grey, blue grey along with the colors previously mentioned. DERWENT adds: raw sienna and burnt yellow ochre. It certainly helps the eyes.
July 9 2011 at 2:44 PM
And now, I’m just working and listening to music.. and having some fun, I must say.
July 10 2011 at 2:58 PM
Isn’t it strange that some parts seem to just draw themselves and others pull you apart. I was having a hard time with where the black and brown (in front of the ears) come together.. And then there was the tongue.. what fun that was!!
July 11 2011 at 8:37 AM
I wanted to check what I’d done the day before.. this was BEFORE breakfast OMG!! I noticed that there were a few things that I’d neglected so .. after breakfast I came back to it but I’m getting ahead of myself.
07-11-2011 at 1:53 PM
At this point I do some touch up work and added FABER-CASTELL green grey and white for the highlights. I decided that a little bit of blue in the background would help..
And so, I’m done.. this took 11 hours and 3 minutes spread over 5 days.