Built in 1924 to replace the old Lister Corners which burned down in 1923. It is a symbol for downtown Hamilton, in both it’s architecture (the first building to have an L shaped arcade) and as a symbol of neglect in the downtown section of the city. Lister has been empty since 1994 and has become home to some of the city’s denizens.
But the over 10 years of abandonment has turned it into a decayed beauty. Commonly called “Lady Lister” by those who explorer her.