The church of St Materiana (or Madryn) on the cliffs at Tintagel, North Cornwall. It has remained essentially unchanged since it was rebuilt in the 12th century, apart from the addition of the tower in the 15th century. This famous church has always been an important landmark for sailors heading up or down the western coasts – it was already more than 500 years old when the Normans arrived in 1066. Taken at sunset on a June evening.
Pentax K 10D, 1/3 sec, f 4, ISO 400. Zoom lens set at 58 mm.