Potters Manor House (actually called Steep Park House) was built in 1904 by the classical architect Hugh Jokin. The last inhabitants were a family of artisans and potters. House was left with all its contents including many paintings and full wardrobes of clothes. Unfortunately many things were taken away from the house by random people. Some family history: James Francis Walford y de Borbón was born in 1913 at Paris, France. He is the son of Leopold Walford and Cristina de Borbón y de Muguiro, Duquesa de Marchena. He married Muriel Whitley in 1957 at London, England. Muriel Whitley was born in 1906. Her married name became Walford. Mr Walford was a founder member of the Craft Potters Association of Great Britain.