Click on image to view larger.
This fine mansion in the colonial style perches on the bank of the Niagara River along the Niagara Parkway just north of Queenston. It was designed by local architect John Latshaw, a well-regarded master builder, & built in 1834 for shipping tycoon/politician & Queenston native John Hamilton . In later years, it was owned by Buffalo soap magnate John Larkin. However, despite rumors that swirled & swarmed a few years ago, Glencairn does not now, nor has it ever belonged to Tom Selleck.
Taken from the deck of the brigantine Black Pearl, from Canadian waters, on a gloomy, hazy day. The whiteness of the mansion was like a beacon from every direction.
Its more distant ‘beacon’ aspect can be seen in Ray’s picture here .