Medium: mixed – acrylic, fabric, linen thread, rice paper. Support: Canvas
Techniques: painting, stitching, collage. H. 1016 mm x W. 1016 mm x D.37 mm
Views: 7649 (as at 9 Nov, 2016)
The work was first exhibited in solo exhibition Elevating the Spirit, held at Cairns Regional Gallery 2007. Toured to Sugarama Gallery (Mourilyan) 2007 and then 2009 to Umbrella Studio (selected), Townsville.
Abstract symbols portrayed:
- upright/upside-down vessels, for containment, alchemy
- a superimposed collaged grid layer of squares, made up of personal fabric remnants with inlaid diagonal leaf and abstract vessel shapes for transitional states;
- large X’s (X = As is above, so is below; bonding/attachment) are stitched in a spirit channel/passage line;
- linear boundaries, primal colours and contrasting tones define dualities;
- parallel lines create spatial depth, layers, veils of 3D illusions and hidden/secret passages/realms;
- title/numbers also reference hidden symbology.