+ Medium: Mixed-media: acrylic, pastel, linen thread, banana fibre, fabric – hessian, tarlatan; butterfly wing, leaf, rice paper, paper.
+ Support: Canvas Original size 8″ × 6″
+ Techniques: Collage, painting, drawing, banana fibre basketry, stitching.
+ Work was sold at the Postcard Exhibition, Cairns Regional Gallery.
No. of Views 5299 (as of 13.04.2016)
- ♥ Artists Universe ♥ 2 Works Per Day
- From The Heart ~ April 1, 2016
- All Art Appreciated ~ April 3,.2016
- Women Painters Group ~ April 3, 2016
Abstract, Archetypal Expressionism
- Acknowledgement of transitional states and the work of the spirit through the repetition of the X’s reflecting time, movement, physical attachment – stitching, threads.
- The X’s: also vortex symbol, “As is above, so is below”, spirit/matter, heaven/earth realms, parallels, thoughts, manifestation, mesh, grid, lattice, interconnections, signifying realms of planes – a particular level of existence, mental activity, achievement.
- Channels, layers, stitching, butterfly wing, leaf – passage, transit, conduit, levels, parallels, planes, carriers.
- Vessels – embodiment of your ‘being’, container, inner alchemy processes, all is one; open, receive, filter, give and take, shelter, nurture, protect, shadow self, dualities.
- Colours/fabric, rice paper collage – Primal, energy/chakra levels, alchemies, signifying realms of existence, of various planes – worldly, spiritual.