Star trails of Orion’s Belt screaming over an abandoned home in Swan Valley, Idaho, USA. I was all set to lightpaint the house, and noticed two other sources (one was infrenquent cars passing on a distant road, and one was closer low level light) that gave it a bit of illumination so the light-canon stayed off – no light painting after all. Canon 50D, RAW, f4.5, 10 minutes, ISO 1600, focal length 28mm. Views 1596 and Faves 43 through 24 October 2012, thanks for stopping by. In the top three images on RB for “startraiils” as of mid 2013!
Featured in (Winner in challenges below):
- In Top 3 for all RedBubble for “Startrails”, June 2013
- Americas Rural, Urban, Wild and Free, January 2013
- #1 Favorites, November 2012
- Artists Universe, October 2012
- TPW, October 2012
- In the top 5 for Star Trails on RedBubble, October 2012
- Self Taught Photographers, September 2012
- Featured Women Photographers, September 2012
- The Best of RedBubble, September 2012
- Photography Challenge Group, September 2012
- United: Australia, UK, USA and Canada, March 2011
- Great Plains of North America, March 2011
- A Night Somewhere, March 2011
- CHALLENGE WINNERS VAULT, January 2011
- American Southwest, October 2010
- Quality Unlimited Photography, September 2010,
- FOCUS and LIGHTING, September 2010
Thank you so much!
- Mood & Ambi(e)nce Long Exposure challenge, October 2010; thanks to all who participated!
- The World, Northern & Southern Lights, Night Sky challenge, November 2010; thanks to all who participated!
- United: Australia, UK, USA, and Canada, Night Time Photography Challenge, March 2011, thanks to all who participated!
- A Night Somewhere, Star Patterns in the Night Sky, April 2012
- Photography Challenge Group, Star Trails", September 2012