The mule deer congregate in our area for the rut as we live on a sparsely populated butte. The afternoon light provides a rich frame to set off their stunning strength and beauty, and the fading fall colors provide a soft counterpoint. Canon 40D, 100-400 IS lens, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, f5.6, 1/250, focal length 400mm. Views 1,546 and Favorites 33 as of 2 January 2011, thanks to all who have dropped in!
This image is the cover for the calendar Wildlife Up Close And Personal.
This image featured in:
- Deer Me, February 2014
- Nature Photography Challenge, November, 2011
- Animals As They Should Be, August 2010
- Calendar Shop, June 2010
- World Wildlife Photography
- High Desert Life group, August 2009
- 300+ Go Long group, August 2009
Thank you so much!