The red-tailed hawks (Buteo jamaicensis) are back in the valley of Jackson Hole, Wyoming… spring must be springing! This is a fairly common hawk in the valley of Jackson Hole, but try getting close to one and you find they are a bit skittish. Canon 40D, Canon 100-400 IS lens, f 8, 1/640, focal length 400mm. Views 1,770 and Favorites 23 through 2 January 2011, thanks for stopping by!
- Nature Photography Challenge, October 2011
- Featured Women Photographers, May 2011
- Close-ups in Nature, February 2011
- Animals As They Should Be, January 2011
- American Southwest, February 2010
- Human. Animal. Nature., February 2010
- Americas ~ Rural, Urban, Wild, Free, October 2009
- Wild Birds in Flight, October 2009
- Earth Keepers, October 2009
- 300+ Go Long group, August 2009
- Top Shelf Wildlife & Nature group, April 2009
- The Birds Group, March 2009
Thank you all very much!
- Nature Photography Challenge, The True Hawks challenge, October 2011
- The 500 – 5000 Views Group, Birds of a Feather challenge, May 2010,
Thanks to all who participated!!