Jaw-dropping – YES, it really does look like this! The lupine in parts of Grand Teton National Park are quite extraordinary at just the right time of year. This little pond is ephemeral, and is the perfect mirror for sunrise over the Tetons. It’s worth the wait to see this lovely scene! Canon 40D, tripod, f 22, 1/2, RAW, focal length 28mm. Grand Teton National Park (near Moran, Wyoming, USA). Views 13,456 and Faves 246 as of 19 February 2012, thanks for stopping by! Featured 39 times between features and winning challenges as of 16 Nov 2012, thank you all! Holding the #1 spot on RedBubble for “Tetons”, June 2013 – thanks!
- Masters of the Scenic, March 2009
- Mountains and Mountain Light, March, 2009
- Fine Art of Landcape Photography, April 2009
- America’s Natural Wonders, September 2009
- Dimension, October 2009
- All Countries ~ Wetlands, Ponds, Lakes and Rivers group, October 2009
- Beautiful group, December 2009
- Your Magic Place, January 2010
- Moody & Evocative, April 2010
- Colourists, August 2010
- Along the Rural Road, August 2010
- #1!We Sell Art!Group© The Original, August 2010
- Nature Photography Challenge, September 2010
- Sold!, September 2010
- All American Seasons, November 2010
- Quality Art & Photography, January 2011
- “Americas” Rural, Urban, Wild And Free, February 2011
- Featured Only, March 2011
- Landscape Photography, July 2011
- Style! Class! Elegance! Excellence!, August 2011
- SEASONS CHANGE..Nature Scapes, August 2011
- Mother Nature’s Finest, August 2011
- I Shoot Raw, October 2011
- Featured For A Challenge, January 2012
- #1 Favorites, May 2012
- Seasons! ‘Natures Palette’, October 2012
Thank you all!
Winner (and other honors):
- All Parks challenge, September 2009, thanks to all who voted!
- Fabulous Landscapes challenge/The Beauty of Nature group, October 2009; thanks to all who voted!
- Mountains challenge/All That is Nature group, thanks to all who voted!
- Tis the Season challenge/JPG Cast-Offs, January 2010, thanks to all who voted!
- Field of wildflowers covering a landscape/AWilderness Somewhere group, February 2010, thanks to all who voted!
- Best of 21 Challenges/A Wilderness Somewhere group, March 2010…WOW, thanks to all of you who voted!
- National Parks of North America challenge, Americas, Rural, Urban, Wild & Free group, March 2011, thanks to all of you who voted!
- Spring in Wilderness challenge, Wildnerness Somewhere… group, March 2011, thank you all!
- Field of Lupine and the Tetons in the Top 20 of 28,000+ images with the “wild” tag, July 2010!
- Co-Winner in “Flower Fields” in Landscape Photography challenge, July 2011, thank you to all who voted! See comment on this image from Anton Gorlin regarding co-win.
- Winner, in Scenery of Mountains and Wildflowers, February 2012, thanks to all who participated
- In the top 75 most popular images of all photographs poste on RedBubble, October 2011.
- Winner, in Seasons! Nature’s Palette, Fields of Flowers, October 2012, thanks to all who voted!
Matted prints of this image have sold – thank you very much!!