Transfix: tr.v. trans·fixed, trans·fix·ing, trans·fix·es
1. To pierce with or as if with a pointed weapon.
2. To fix fast; impale.
3. To render motionless, as with terror, amazement, or awe.
See also Great Grey Owl Fluffing.
- The BEST of Redbubble, July 2012
- Nature In Its Entirety, April 2011
- Featured Woman Photographers, April 2011
- Made By Nature, September 2010
- The Beauty of Nature, August 2010
- Naturally BLACK/ WHITE, DUO and CONTRAST, July 2010
- Paws N Claws, July 2010
- The Silky Touch, February 2010
- Featured Features group, August 2009
- 300+ Go Long, August 2009
- Eye Contact group, June 2009
- Natural Color and Light group, Mar 2009
- I Love Birds group, Mar 2009
- The Birds group, Feb 2009
Thank you all!
Great grey owls hunt at the bottom of our hill from time to time, and I carry the camera in the hopes of catching them. This wild beauty was right above me when I shot this – it certainly made me feel like the next mouse on the menu! Canon 40D, 100-400 IS Lens, focal length 400mm, speed 1/400, f 6.3. Views 1549 through 30 July 2012, thanks for dropping by.