The early European residents of Gonor and Narol were very spiritual people, building several traditional churches shortly after they arrived to the region. The original Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church in Gonor emerged in 1899 ~ built in the traditional Byzantine style. The wood structure was replaced in 1911 and again in 1952.
In 1904 a second church took shape in Gonor ~ St Nicholas Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church. The Church bell came from Bukovina, Southern Ukraine. In 1944 the church burned but not the bell. The following year, the congregation started construction on a new church.
Residents of Narol built their first church, Corpus Christi Church (Body of Christ) in 1907 at 5819 Henderson Hwy. By 1940 the structure had deteriorated, and construction on a new building began that year. A second church, St Nicholas Orthodox Church of Narol, was established in 1911