seen at the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh, Scotland
3400 views, 2 posters sold 25 July 2013 and 3 July 2016
Trans-Canada Air Lines (also known as TCA in English, and Air Canada in French) was a Canadian airline and operated as the country’s flag carrier. Its corporate headquarters were in Montreal, Quebec. Its first president was Gordon Roy McGregor. The airline operated under its original name from 1937 to 1965, when it was officially renamed Air Canada.
In 1964, an act of Parliament proposed by Jean Chrétien changed the name of Trans-Canada Air Lines to “Air Canada”, which was already in use as the airline’s French-language name, effective 1 January 1965. By the late 1970s, Air Canada was divested by parent CNR and the airline became a separate Crown corporation. Air Canada was privatized in 1989.
Lockheed Electra 10A “CF-TCC” in Trans-Canada Air Lines livery at the Western Canada Aviation Museum.