Several of you have asked me how Tilly, my cat, saved my life.I came home from a night shift and Tilly and I breakfasted then I went to bed. Two hours later she was sitting on my upper chest poking me in the eye. I awoke grumbling only to find the flat stinking of gas. I must have nudged a cooker gas tap on during breakfast.
Luckily it was summer and had it been winter one electrical spark from the heating boiler would have had me and probably the peeps in the other flats sitting on a cloud learning to play the harp.