AF-S Nikkor 35-70mm 1:2.8D
The Gothic church in Knocktopher was largely demolished in 1870. A medieval tower remains with a probably earlier, 12th century Romanesque doorway. Locked in the base of the tower is a double-effigy tomb of the 15th century.
Evening light streams through a slatted cover on the entrance.
View this photograph on AndrewJonesFoto
Double-effigy tomb, Knocktopher, County Kilkenny, Ireland has been featured in the following groups:
Mysteries of the Past and Present 15th June 2011
Ireland 21st April 2013