Philipsburg Manor is a historic house, water mill, and trading site located on US 9 in the village of Sleepy Hollow, New York. It is now operated as a non-profit museum by Historic Hudson Valley; an admission fee is charged. It was originally a manor house within Upper Mills section of Philipsburg Manor.
The manor dates from 1693 when Frederick Philipse of Yonkers was granted a charter for 52,000 acres along the Hudson River by William and Mary of England. He built Philipsburg Manor at the confluence of the Pocantico and Hudson Rivers, creating it as a provisioning plantation for the Atlantic sea trade and as headquarters for a worldwide shipping operation.
Named a National Historic Landmark in 1961, the farm features a stone manor house filled with a good collection of 17th-and 18th century period furnishings, a working water-powered grist mill and millpond, an 18th century barn, a slave garden, and a reconstructed tenant farm house. Costumed interpreters re-enact life in pre-Revolutionary times, doing chores, milking the cows, and grinding grain in the grist mill.