The Musée national du Moyen Âge, formerly Musée de Cluny, is a museum in Paris, France.
The structure is perhaps the most outstanding example still extant of civic architecture in medieval Paris. It was formerly the town house (hôtel) of the abbots of Cluny, started in 1334. The structure was rebuilt by Jacques d’Amboise, abbot in commendam of Cluny 1485-1510; it combines Gothic and Renaissance elements. In 1843 it was made into a public museum, to contain relics of France’s Gothic past preserved in the building by Alexandre du Sommerard.
Featured on 15/11/2012 in ♥ EASTERN EUROPEAN ART ♥
Featured on 16/11/2012 in European Everyday Life
Featured on 25/11/2012 in Russian Speaking Art
205 views on 15/02/2013
505 views on 22/09/2013