The historic Unitarian Meeting House, designed by one of The Society’s members and the nephew of one of its founders, Frank Lloyd Wright. Wright was commissioned to design the Meeting House in 1946. Construction began in 1949 and was completed in 1951. It is recognized as one of the most innovative examples of church architecture. In 1960, the American Institute of Architects designated it one of seventeen buildings to be retained as an example of Wright’s contribution to American culture. The Meeting House was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. In 2004, it was officially declared a National Historic Landmark by the National Park Service.