Johnson Wax Headquarters (1936–1939), the world headquarters and administration building of S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. in Racine, Wisconsin was designed by American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, for the company’s president, Herbert F. “Hib” Johnson.
The Research Tower is no longer in use because of the change in fire safety codes, although the company is committed to preserving the tower as a symbol of the company. The Johnson Wax buildings are on the National Register of Historic Places, and the Administration Building and the Research Tower were each chosen by the American Institute of Architects as two of seventeen buildings by the architect to be retained as examples of his contribution to American culture. In addition, the Administration Building and Research Tower were both designated National Historic Landmarks in 1976. In 2008, the U.S. National Park Service submitted the Johnson Wax Headquarters and the Research Tower, along with nine other Frank Lloyd Wright properties, to a tentative list for World Heritage Status.