Featured in Streetscapes 7^th^ December, 2008
The view of St Andrew’s Church from the roadway at Blagdon Lake. The Church has a 116-foot tower with pinnacles and a cusped lozenge pattern parapet, with a stair turret spirelet in the north-east corner. The tower was built between 1907 and 1909 by Lord Winterstoke (of the Wills tobacco family). The tower contains a bell dating from 1716 and made by Edward Bilbie of the Bilbie family. It is a Grade II listed building The lychgate to the east of the church is also a Grade II listed building in its own right. Above the door are four primitive Norman carvings which survived three rebuildings. The church is in Balgdon, Somerset, England.