You can still get gifts delivered by Dec 24 with Express Shipping

Women Painters - ('FINE ART' only)

A group for women painters and their traditional art

Art Featuring the Color Pink! Wednesday, December 5, 2012 Features.

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36381 posts

Inspiration, Pink!

From the gorgeous Bougainvillea, which inspired “Mexican Pink”, a color name attributed to the
Mexican illustrator, Ramón Valdiosera Berman, in the 1940’s, to Crayloa crayons, from 1903 to present,
to the pink diamond ring which broke records at Southeby’s in 2010, going for 46 million dollars;
pink and rose colors in nature, and those created in the lab, have inspired paint makers, designers,
artists, and artisans.

the Bougainvillea
inspired Mexican Pink

46-million dollar pink diamond ring
Southeby’s, in 2010

There is also a shocking pink millepede, and “Hollywood Cerise”, a color pencil name from a set by
Venus Paradise, in the 50’s. How about the Pink Lady, a gin and grenadine cocktail, and did you
know that there is a “Barbie pink”, the official color of Barbie? I created a table of a 28 “named” web colors
in the pink family, for you, below. There are plenty more!

“Web Colors”, inspired by old and new color systems
and color dictionaries as well as Crayola’s crayons.

—F.A. Moore
©2013, F.A. Moore. All rights reserved.

Lynda Robinson and I selected the features for today, honing in on PINK inspiration. We hope you will
enjoy these delightful paintings!

What are some of the colors from the above table, that you spot in the paintings? Let’s see how many
you can find!

Late Snow
by Marriet

Reclining Multi-Coloured Gestural Nude
by Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch

Les Epaules Sont Belle
by Heidi Erisman

Lovelovelove…
by Annika Hiltunen

contrast blossoms
by Hannah Clair Phillips

straddie 3
by donnamalone

Beauty
by jankolas

Pink Anemone
by Alexandra Felgate

Opalescence
by BarbBarcikKeith

Protea – Kirstenbosch Gardens with view of Devil’s Peak
by Claudia Dingle

Roses on Big Mama’s Chest
by F.A. Moore

Roses of Picardy
by Beatrice Cloake

Featured Works
December 5, 2012

Late Snow
by Marriet

Reclining Multi-Coloured Gestural Nude
by Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch

Les Epaules Sont Belle
by Heidi Erisman

Lovelovelove…
by Annika Hiltunen

contrast blossoms
by Hannah Clair Phillips

straddie 3
by donnamalone

Beauty
by jankolas

Pink Anemone
by Alexandra Felgate

Opalescence
by BarbBarcikKeith

Protea – Kirstenbosch Gardens with view of Devil’s Peak
by Claudia Dingle

Roses on Big Mama’s Chest
by F.A. Moore

Roses of Picardy
by Beatrice Cloake

While Lynda Robinson and I selected these special 12 images, the feature is through all of the Hosts of Women Painters. And we congratulate you on your inspiring work.

Congratulations to Marriet, Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch, Heidi Erisman, Annika Hiltunen, Hannah Clair Phillips, Donna Malone, jankolas, Alexandra Felgate, BarbBarcikKeith, Claudia Dingle, and Beatrice Cloake!

And thank you, Lynda, for choosing one of mine, to be featured among these beauties.

—Frannie

Lynda Robinson Lynda Robinson 3195 posts

What a fabulous job you did with this presentation Frannie! Just looking through the lovely works featured today brings a rosy pink glow to my soul!!! I can see everyone of those ‘web colours’ in these works! Congratulations to every artist whose work is here. (By the way – Can everyone see the ‘message’ in the hair in Annika Hiltunen’s painting??)

Lynda, I missed the message, but see it now! Annika is most clever! And YOU have covered the bases with “all” of the above. I bet you are right!

There were so many more pinks, I feel guilt for not including them in the table; but I might have been here all night. :))

Madalena Lobao-Tello Madalena Lobao... 5153 posts

Frannie and Lynda

Wow and wow!!

• A fabulous selection accompanied by very good “introduction” to pink!! Great job!!
  • Once again we have an excellent gallery of features for all to enjoy.
    Congratulations to all artists on having their fabulous work featured in this wonderful gallery!!
donnamalone donnamalone 284 posts

wow i love the large format and am thrilled to be featured here! Thank you!

Marriet Marriet 57 posts

Thank you for the honor of the feature All! I like this collection of Pinks! Lovely. xx

This was a FUN feature to put together with Lynda. Congrats again, @Donna, and Marriet!
And thanks, @Mada!

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 4799 posts

Cool subject and presentation, beautiful works, congrats all!

Beatrice Cloake Beatrice Cloake 8509 posts

Pink in all its glory! One of the most difficult colour to choose! Some are too vibrant, some too garish, it is difficult to find a subtle one. Thank you Frannie for showing this incredible amount of pink colours!

Fabulous works on display. Huge congratulations to you all for the features and a big thank you to you all girls for chosing one of my painting,:)

Claudia Dingle Claudia Dingle 590 posts

Thank you for the feature! And congratulations to all featured artists.

Thanks, @Cindy! It was fun to research.

I’d really love to hear more from the artists here, on how you go about producing pinks?
Is it all experimental or do you have favorites?

@Beatrice, I wonder if sometimes artists are afraid to use pink, because of a reason such as
you mentioned, or even because they are worried that the color is too feminine. It’s interesting
that PINK used to be considered a very manly color, and BLUE a very feminine color.

Apparently this was because PINK derived from red. If I remember correctly, at least one researcher
claimed that it was in the 1940’s when this was reversed. If that is the case, it’s interesting that
some of the originations of these various names originated in color systems from the 40’s (as noted
in the web color swatches I put together in the table above).

@Claudia, you’re welcome, and congrats!

Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch Kerryn Madsen-... 353 posts

Love the idea of a ‘Pink’ themed show!
Thanks ever so much for choosing and featuring my work here and congrat’s to fellow featured artist members.

@Fran ~ Fav. often used in life dawing/painting is Jo Sonya acrylic gouache paints.Guessing it was Indian Red Oxide + tonal variations of,
ie. + white + yellow oxide mixes, and maybe a plum pink also used in foreground of Reclining Multi-Coloured Gestural Nude.
I have a variety of multiple colours already in a lidded palette ready to go, from one life session to the next (usually week to week)
and generally like to work very quickly and intuitively for an energetic/dynamic outcome.

@Kerryn, that’s very interesting about the pink derivatives that you favor for life drawings.
Speaking of energy, it is what seriously attracted me to your Reclining Multi-Coloured Gestural Nude.
Congrats again, on this beautiful work.

Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch Kerryn Madsen-... 353 posts

Thanks Fran.

Heidi Erisman Heidi Erisman 142 posts

What a wonderful collection inspired by Pinks. I love it. I am honoured to have a piece included.

Heidi, your included work is just a beautiful oil; and that rich pink magenta just makes it all the more fabulous.