Women Painters - ('FINE ART' only)

A group for women painters and their traditional art

Sunday 28-10-2012 Features – Outdoors ...“It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to…

Madalena Lobao-Tello Madalena Lobao... 6279 posts

….“It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to…The feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures.” – Vincent van Gogh
….“For me, a landscape does not exist in its own right, since its appearance changes at every moment; but the surrounding atmosphere brings it to life – the light and the air which vary continually. For me, it is only the surrounding atmosphere which gives subjects their true value.” Claude Monet
….”Painting from nature is not copying the object; it is realizing one’s sensations." Paul Cezanne

uuff!!! It is very difficult to find quotes from women artists!!!!

Congratulations Women Painters with featured artworks! This selection is made by me and Helene. Please join us in congratulating these talented artists.

Street Scene (After Utrillo)
by RobynLee

Fynbos Spring.
by Constance Widen

A Winter Walk in the Park
by Maree Clarkson

View across the road
by Maree Clarkson

Magaliesberg Mountains 1
by Maree Clarkson

Russian Church
by Shulie1

Vietnamese Fisherman
by Ramona Frederickson

Behind the gate…
by Elizabeth Kendall

Windy morning on the dunes
by Maree Clarkson

From High Camp to Tallarook
by Lynda Robinson

Gemsbuck in the Kalahari
by Maree Clarkson

Puppy Love
by F.A. Moore

'Cold Comfort'
by Lynda Robinson

St. John's Night
by Monica Blatton

G and Me at the Sea … A Moment of Wonder
by Leslie Gustafson

The Polo Game – Victoria Australia
by Margaret Morgan

Rainy day in Rome
by Ivana Pinaffo

Pasture
by Annika Hiltunen

Manly, early evening
by Terri Maddock

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37044 posts

Thanks so much for considering and including my beach scene for Puppy Love in with this fine collection. How wonderful.

There are plenty of works that I have not seen before in this group. I love so many. Great job Helene and Mada!

Congratulations everyone!

Lynda Robinson Lynda Robinson 3195 posts

I have been browsing through your features almost as you have been adding them this morning! Lovely selections Madalena. I am now challenged to find some quotes from women artists!!!! I guess it was not a career option for us girls in those ‘good old days’ and in fact it was frowned upon. My husband’s Great Aunt was a very successful woman painter in the 20s and 30s, (Janet Cumbrae Stewart) and she used to sign her paintings ‘Cumbrae-Stewart’ so that viewers would think she was a man! Isn’t that sad? My interest in pastel was as a result of seeing her works hanging in the family home.

Sorry for the woffle! Thanks so much for including a couple of mine in this lovely collection.

Madalena Lobao-Tello Madalena Lobao... 6279 posts

Lynda
Thank you so much to share your sister experience with us!
I have the same problem…I sign as Lobao-Tello so people think I am a man :)
May be you can do a post about your sister here in the group?

RobynLee RobynLee 1125 posts

What Lovely Paintings! Being included among them is quite an honor:-)

Margaret Morgan (Watkins) Margaret Morga... 226 posts

Madalena, what a great innovative selection you have made, well done! And, thanks for including one of mine. Marg.

Elizabeth Kendall Elizabeth Kendall 2480 posts

Many thanks for including my painting here Madalena! Congrats to all others! A beautiful selection indeed!

Ivana Pinaffo Ivana Pinaffo 1021 posts

Thanks so much for including one of mine and congratulations to all

Maree Clarkson Maree Clarkson 2918 posts

Thank you for featuring my images Madalena and Helene, a lovely honour to be amongst such great talent! And congratulations to all the other featured artists, wonderful work!

JolanteHesse JolanteHesse 578 posts

Congratulations to all the artists of these wonderful works! A great selection!

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 5036 posts

Congratulations, ladies, nice work!

Shulie1 Shulie1 329 posts

Such lovely work – I am honoured to be counted among them

Leslie Gustafson Leslie Gustafson 808 posts

Honored!! Thank you!! Congrats to all!!

Terri Maddock Terri Maddock 3214 posts

Thank you for including me in the feature gallery! Congratulations everyone – such a great collection!