Women Painters - ('FINE ART' only)

A group for women painters and their traditional art

Sunday 07-10-2012 Features - "When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment"

Madalena Lobao-Tello Madalena Lobao... 6926 posts

“When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it’s your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else. Most people in the city rush around so, they have no time to look at a flower. I want them to see it whether they want to or not.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

Nobody sees a flower – really – it is so small, it takes time – we haven’t time – and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

“Whether the flower or the color is the focus I do not know. I do know the flower is painted large to convey my experience with the flower — and what is my experience if it is not the color?” – Georgia O’Keeffe

Congratulations Women Painters with featured artworks!

This selection is made by me and Helene.

Please join us in congratulating these talented artists

The Spirit of Garden
by Elena Kotliarker

Shadowplay
by olga zamora

Lilies
by JolanteHesse

Cosmos in a pot
by Maree Clarkson

Mandarin
by BarbBarcikKeith

Pink Hydrangeas
by Ann Mortimer

Daisies and weeds
by Maree Clarkson

Tropics…Hibiscus
by Janis Zroback

-
The purest joy that Earth can give
by Maree Clarkson
-

Awake
by BarbBarcikKeith

Flowers..DayLily
by Janis Zroback

-

by Tania Vasylenko
-

Golden Daffodils
by Maree Clarkson

S. African Flower
by lorileeg

-
Rampage of appreciation
by Maree Clarkson
-

Arise
by BarbBarcikKeith

A Burst of Spring
by Lynda Robinson

-
Chinese Lanterns / Phisalis
by Tania Vasylenko
-

Stray Sunflowers
by Maree Clarkson

Lynda Robinson Lynda Robinson 3149 posts

WOW! I am absolutely over the moon with delight to see my ‘Burst of Spring’ featured!!! I hardly ever paint flowers! I really love floral work, but my past attempts have always turned out pretty dismal! This one actually won a couple of awards at an art show over the weekend, including Best Piece of Work in Show, so I might re-think my fear of painting flowers!!!!!

Huge Congratulations to Maree for her six featured works! Huge Congratulations to Barb for her three features, and Janis for two features.

All the other works are absolutely stunning! Congratulations to all the ladies whose work appears here today. (I love Jolante’s lilies and Ann’s hydrangeas too – they are two of my favourite artists!). I am overawed to be in such amazing company today!!! Thank you Madalena for this beautiful display.

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37008 posts

More flowers, so beautiful! Congratulations All.

Maree Clarkson Maree Clarkson 3466 posts

What a stunning display Madalena! Thank you for including my images and congratulations to all the other featured artists, really great work! And thank you for the congratulations Lynda, much appreciated!

Ann Mortimer Ann Mortimer 98 posts

A real treat for flower lovers! Congratulations to all featured artists and thank you Madalena for including me in this wonderful display! Ann

Elizabeth Kendall Elizabeth Kendall 2540 posts

So beautiful! Congrats to all!

JolanteHesse JolanteHesse 597 posts

Wonderful selection; congratulations to the artists! Thanks for including my Lilies…

Beatrice Cloake Beatrice Cloake 9133 posts

What a treat to the eyes! Congratulations to all featured artists.

© Angela L Walker © Angela L Walker 870 posts

Some all-time favorites take the stage! Great selections, Helene and Mada!

Congratulations to all the women painters whose wonderful work is featured here!

©Janis Zroback ©Janis Zroback 8076 posts

Thank you so much…I really appreciate my paintings featured with these lovely works…

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 5021 posts

Congrats, ladies, beautiful work!

Karen Gingell Karen Gingell 85 posts

very nice they made me happy

frontofbicycle frontofbicycle 276 posts

Brilliant work….