Theme Thursday Feature Friday - Featured member *CTheWorld*

Your favourite work, either featured or forgotten! Just add your work or join in the theming game!

Feature Friday TOP LINE FEATURES: Artist PhoenixArt 1st/2nd April 2010.

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6347 posts

Congratulations and a warm thankyou to this week’s “Top Line Feature” artist PhoenixArt for choosing a theme of Friendship on 1st April 2010.

SCREENSHOT to follow

For this I looked at all of Tina’s work and found it was very hard to find just 6 that I loved. However, based on previous browsing, since before this group existed, I had already narrowed it down to 8 images. I then decided that one of them images, in fact one of my favourites, would be great in a future “2nd line” theme…

Then the fact that FRIENDSHIP is the theme and that there was an artwork called Friendship on my wishlist, I chose to change the group’s avatar, just for this week.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE IMAGE

So… since choosing these images, then earlier today choosing an order that felt right, the REASON it felt right struck me hard… I NEVER planned this, but as a long term sufferer of depression I guess somewhere in my subconscious there was a reason that these works called to me, when I chose them all several weeks ago.

I walk the lonely road the only road that I have ever known

*Sometimes you are walking along and you really feel that you are the only person in the world… there is a little colour around the edges, but the road ahead seems interminable and not a little bit bumpy".

Don’t know where it goes but it’s only me and I walk along..

*You walk alone for long enough that you end up in your own private world, maybe it exists, maybe it doesn’t, but you walk on regardless… seeing some dark dark walkway to who know’s where but which still draws you to it"

My shadow’s the only only one who walks beside me. My shattered heart’s the only thing that’s beating. Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me. Till then I walk alone

You keep walking down that same path for long enough that you reach the darkest and deepest point. Sadly for some there is no sign telling you you are at the Deep End… for the luckier ones, they see a sign and are able to lift themselves up a little, before it’s too late…..

Pull themselves out of the water and look around, take stock. They’re alone but somehow it no longer seems quite so lonely, in fact there is some hope shining through.

So a deep breath, a giant gulp of fresh, uninhibited air, hey maybe that is some prescribed medication to help going down the hatch there, who knows… whatever helps!!

Until slowly but surely you can face your friends again and even have a little fun once more

LYRICS by Billy Joe Armstrong… “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” by Green Day.

Please take the time to have a look at the works (all thumbnails are clickable!!) and to congratulate PhoenixArt on being the 2nd “Featured Friday Themer” or something like that. :-P The 1st member since the group has “gone live”.

PhoenixArt also becomes the newest featured member.

PhoenixArt PhoenixArt 343 posts

Thanks Joanne and Elle. I love Greenday, and I LOVE that song, and it’s perfect for this collection of pics. Thanks for such a lovely features page. I’m looking forward to seeing all of the future featured members’ work too. Keep up the good work, girls.
Take care
Tina :o)

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6347 posts

Thanks Tina! Weird how I didn’t even link those to the song until so long after I chose your artworks! I thought the features were theme free until the song came out of nowhere! :-) Glad you liked them. Right, who’s next?!?