Theme Thursday Feature Friday - **FEATURED this fortnight: JOHN VELOCCI**

Your favourite work, either featured or forgotten! Just add your work or join in the theming game!

Special Events Features

Franco De Luca Calce Franco De Luca... 9558 posts

Beautiful work each and every one… great choices Joanne!!

Wendi Donaldson Wendi Donaldson 730 posts

What a wonderful treat to have my agapanthus featured here….many thanks!! Congrats to everyone whose work was chosen! :)

Laurie Minor Laurie Minor 1543 posts

Fascinating selection, Joanne!! Thank you!!

Damienne Bingham Damienne Bingham 380 posts

Some really interesting and beautiful images here – what a great collection! Thanks for putting it together and for including one of mine amongst all the beauties! Congrats to everyone involved!

Debbie Robbins Debbie Robbins 551 posts

thank you for the HONOR with my BLUE EYED SUSANS!!!!!! thrilled!!!!!!!!!! :)))) x

Debbie Robbins Debbie Robbins 551 posts

CONGRATULATIONS ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))

Qnita Qnita 5578 posts

Thank you so much for this special feature!!

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6118 posts

There is a lady I have known for most of my life. My mother was very religious and active in The Church and what with singing in the choir and her exuberant personality she met this lady and her husband… even more active in said church, if that is possible.

Anyway, in the UK we start school (proper school I mean not kindy or so on) at 4½. As I was already reading and writing by then, I started spending more time with this couple, the man gave me music lessons so I could read music (a skill long forgotten apart from the basics) and the lady was just…. kind, smily, lovely and just generally a wonderful warm person.

Fast forward to when I am 10. My baby brother is being christened and it made sense for this couple to become his godparents. As I have no idea who mine are, they certainly are not local, it made sense that this couple also “adopted” me.

While we had long since moved away, my mother kept going to this church, as well as her “own” and we all kept in touch, I even popped in every December to hand deliver Christmas cards rather than use the post.

Anyway sadly, after several years of having cancer, beating it, going into remission, getting sick again, then better…. this lady finally passed away a couple of weeks ago.

I cannot do features this Friday but here on the week of her funeral are some “in wonderful memory” images.

They left without me… Dandelion, Free state, South Africa
by Qnita

Rider on the Storm
by Corri Gryting Gutzman

A Simple Cross
by Deborah Lazarus

Whispering Pines
by rocamiadesign

Waterfalls & Wildflowers
by Laurie Minor

Little Church in the Woods
by Gayle Dolinger

Cosmic dandelion
by Michael Matthews

by the pond
by leapdaybride

Fly Free
by trish725

Simply Wispy Angel
by Debbie Robbins

Utah Landscape
by Darcy Grizzle

His Light…Eph.5:8
by MaeBelle

Just a quick thing in a PS to the above…. A bit of shameless promotion, sure but hey, I don’t do it often.

The church as it was before.

Holy Spirit 3
by ellismorleyphto

The door leading to many memories of recorder/music lessons and watching my Mum’s choir lessons

Holy Spirit 2
by ellismorleyphto

The church hall was a little further up the street and they could no longer afford it… it’s since been pulled down, so now where this door is, there is a weird building type thing, the hall has been built inside the church. I understand that a lot less people go to church these days and it’s very hard to fill seats but still, it’s a shame when this sort of thing has to happen.

And just one more…..

Holy Spirit 1
by ellismorleyphto

Corri Gryting Gutzman Corri Gryting ... 9518 posts

Hugs Joanne. Thank you for sharing your story of the woman who was your adopted godmother.
It’s hard to lose people who were important to our younger lives.
Thank you for the feature.

Beautiful features. Congratulations to all the artists.

dgrizzle dgrizzle 1004 posts

Joanne, that was a wonderful story, I know she will be with you always in your heart. Thank you for the feature in this, & congrats to all the others featured, beautiful works.

Thanks Darcy, I just spent time in the Alps and know how peaceful it is, I thought about things/people when I was out so your mountains called to me. You’re welcome for the feature :-D

Qnita Qnita 5578 posts

Thank you so much!!
Well done everyone!!

Many thanks, Joanne, & congrats to all!
P.S. the carved detail in the wood of your Church photos is wonderful Joanne!

You’re welcome Q and L. Thanks Laurie.

So Feature Friday 6th July 2012 is a delayed reaction from a trip I took LAST week. I could have chosen English Seaside. I could have gone for this week and chosen Scotland or something musical but I chose the reason for my trip last week.

In this journal entry I wrote about a walk that I did for MacMillan cancer support. Sadly the person we were walking for, Bill, passed away before we could walk…. of course we still did it.

For his funeral Bill told his wife and/or his best friend to tell everyone that everyone should wear black and white in honour of his love for Newcastle United.

For features then, as it has only been a short while since I did a tribute feature (in fact Bill passed away on the 3rd so 2 days after the features for my godmother!) I thought “ok works that are black and white… either selectively or naturally for the next round of special features”. I knew that I would be skipping this week as I have literally only just come home from my trip today, so here they are. I hope you like them!

Neptune ^
by ctheworld

The Derelict
by Wendi Donaldson

British Bulldog (Created from towels)
by trish725

White Tendrils
by rocamiadesign

Old Ranger's Cabin
by MaeBelle

Tiny Kitten.
by Vitta

Jazz.
by Vitta

DANCE TO EXHAUSTION
by Scott d’ Almeida

Scottish Sword Dancer
by Laurie Minor

Road Bridge at Melverley
by Sheila Laurens

The charms of Oldtimers . by Brown Sugar .F∗ Views (105) Woooows Dear Mate !!!!
by AndGoszcz

Night Light
by Natalie Dessez

ctheworld ctheworld 6804 posts
Congratulations to everyone!

Thank you so much for making me part of this!

Marjolein Katsma Marjolein Katsma 1619 posts

Nice (almost) black and white collection! Congratulations everyone!

Sheila Laurens Sheila Laurens 380 posts

Many many thanks for adding Road Bridge at Melverley to this superb collection. Congratulations to everyone featured !! XX
Sheila

Love black and white, and these are great choices.
I’m only just finding this.
Hugs for you on the loss of your friend.

Wendi Donaldson Wendi Donaldson 730 posts

Such an honour….many thanks for including my work here. Congrats to all whose work is represented here! :)

Back in 2010, we started a “Birthday Break Bonanza” as both myself and former co-host Ellc had birthdays within a few days of each other. The bonanza ran from my birthday 23rd October until, well, oddly enough, 2nd November. :-P

I went to the very start of the group and featured the first 12 birds by unique artists from those pages as I felt bad that they had been sitting there untouched for so long :-P

Anyway. Bird bird bird, bird is the word….. what else would you expect? :-P The bonanza will finish before 8th November, when the group will return to its normal format.

Here is the permanent gallery :-)

Gentle Reflections
by Susie Peek

The Puffin Tee
by Pam Moore

Glide a White Swan..
by Sheila Laurens

Forget MasterChef, This Is Master Chev
by David McMahon

I want some too!
by Themis

Goldfinch
by Trevor Kersley

Heron at Stump Pass (Florida, USA)
by Kim McClain Gregal

Bottoms Up!
by inglesina

Mr. Finch
by Helena Bebirian

Cockerel
by FranEvans

And we have take off… – Summerdale, PA
by Corkle

Peregrine Falcon
by JJsEscape

Wonderful selection, Joanne! Congrats to all!

Sheila Laurens Sheila Laurens 380 posts

Thank you so much for including Glide A White Swan in your Features – I feel truly honoured XX
Sheila