Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Juried Invitational Exhibition - April 2010

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37018 posts

WORLD CLOCK – fixed, time for the awards
Find your city at this link and the time and date show, is the awards time in your locale.

Fair Warning: This exhibit contains Art with some Nudity. There has been no effort to filter these images.

Updated: April 24, 2010

Dear Esteemed Nominees and Solo Exhibition Members,

This week, with the 2nd Juried Invitational Art Exhibition, presented by the Solo Exhibition group of RedBubble, we celebrate fifty-nine artists and sixty-two works in digital art, photography, and the traditional arts.

A panel of 3 Nominators, were challenged to each search the 25,000-image gallery, and from that invite twenty to exhibit in this show. The group hosts added a few nominations, rounding out the categories.

Fifty-nine artists-members of the Solo Exhibition group were invited by the nominators to post specific works. Three of these have two works in the show, each, having been invited to show by two different nominators. There are 29 Traditional, 18 Photographic, and 15 Digital works in the show.

Judges will award 1st – 3rd places in each of three categories. The work with the highest score will be awarded Best in Show, besides their category first place win. Each judge may also make special awards.

The exhibit is open to comments! The show runs April 26th through May 2nd, 2010.

Congratulations!! Each of you fifty-nine exhibitors are winners! Display your show ribbon that links back to the exhibit on your profile or image description page.

F.A. Moore, Founder and host; and
Maxy, Reception Manager and co-host

1. Commentsstart on page 4
  2. Exhibition Banner Code and Instructions (updated location, 2010-09-17)
  3. Web Badge Code and Instructions 2 sizes available, as shown, below
    (updated location, 2010-09-17)

April 2010 Juried Invitational Exhibition

April 2010 Juried Invitational Exhibition
  1. SoJie Show Banner and Instructions RB code and HTML code, as shown below (updated location, 2010-09-17)

Join me at the Juried Invitational Exhibition…

helene helene 359 posts

Earth song 13
by Helene Kippert

Digital – fractal – Apophysis/Fractal Explorer composite

I am luminous with age
In my lap I hold the valley.
I see on the horizon what has been taken
What is gone lies prone fleshless.
In my breast I hold the middle valley
The corn kernels cry to me in the fields
Take us home.

Meridel Le Sueur

Desirée Glanville Desirée Glanville 443 posts

Ease on Down the Road
by Desirée Glanville

Digital – fractal – Apophysis, PSP

John Dicandia ( JinnDoW ) John Dicandia ... 182 posts

by John Dicandia

Pen & Ink on 210gsm Watercolour paper
310 × 310 mm

“In the middle of the road of my life I awoke in the dark wood where the true way was wholly lost”-
Dante Aligheri ( 1265-1321 )

Sherrie Chavez Sherrie Chavez 190 posts

Late Shadows
by Sherrie Chavez

Oceano Dunes, California

Canon T1i
Canon 10-22 lens
1/200 sec

helene ruiz helene ruiz 2813 posts

and what’s left are the pieces of a woman
by helene ruiz

acrylic on canvas
38 × 30 inches

“And whats left are the Pieces of a woman” is a piece very dear to my heart….It was done shortly before my best friend passed away, I was experiencing many health issues to include chronic pain, and my sister’s MS had progressed tremendously while she was taking care of her terminally ill husband, the painting is a combination of all these things, my “self” expression, and my visual interpretation of theirs…and man does this painting have lots of tears in the paint..i “truly” felt extremely emotional doing this one…

Anne-Marie Bokslag Anne-Marie Bok... 624 posts

Got you ….
by Anne-Marie Bokslag

Sumatran Tiger made in LA Zoo

Canon EOS 40D;
Canon Zoom lens EF 90-300mm 1:4,5-5,6 USM
Exposure time 1/500s;
Aperture value f/5;
ISO 800;
Focal length300 mm;

The Sumatran tiger (Panthera tigris sumatrae) is a subspecies of tiger found on the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Recent genetic testing has revealed the presence of unique genetic markers, which isolate Sumatran tigers from all mainland subspecies. Currently, there are only 100-400 Sumatran tigers left in the wild.
Like most wild cats, Sumatran tigers are solitary animals that live within marked, carefully guarded territory. Hunting begins at dusk and is by no means easy: tigers may travel more than 20 miles to find suitable prey, and will successfully catch their target only one out of every ten or twenty attempts.

ArtPearl ArtPearl 565 posts

Claimed and Reclaimed
by ArtPearl

W&N transparent watercolor and pen & ink on 300lb Arches Cold Press paper
20 × 20 inches, approx.

Watercolor techniques used:

1. Wet-into wet: Mixing colors on the paper, while the paper is wet(eg in the sky)
  2. Dry brush washes: adding layers of new colors, after previous layers dried. (Skin, cloths)
  3. Salt: sprinkling salt on freshly painted areas, the salt absorbs some of the paint to create a mottled effect (leaves on bottom bushes)
  4. Lifting paint with brush: ‘painting’ with clear water over previousely painted area and blotting the paint(tree trunks in background)
  5. Pen & ink: adding thin crisp lines, for better definition of shapes and added texture. (On the buildings and vegetation).

This image came about after a relocation, and thus represents the breakage of the ‘fabric of life’ due to geographic/social changes. But it is just as relevant for any other breakups, conflicting commitments, reality vs dreams conflicts etc.
Bottom left – Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire , UK
Top left – Denver (Colorado,USA) city skyline
Right – On the front porch.

RakeshSyal RakeshSyal 77 posts

by RakeshSyal

Near window of my studio

Canera: Nikon D200
Lens: Nikkor 18-200 DX @ 62mm
Apperture: f4.2
Speed: 1/6sec ( Hand Held)
ISO: 100

Sebastiaan Koenen Sebastiaan Koenen 16 posts

by Sebastiaan Koenen

Fineliner 0.05/0.3 on Hahnemuhle Fineart Quattro, 80lbs.
11.8 × 11.8 inches
Year: 2009

Info: Sometimes it blows really hard!

Life on earth is full of extremes and difficulties we hardly can, want or know how to fight…In the end it is the art of not falling off.

Lynda Robinson Lynda Robinson 3174 posts

My Little Mozart
by Lynda Robinson

Pastel on ‘Colourfix’ sanded surface burgundy coloured pastel paper
50cm x 35 cm
Year: 2010

This is a portrait of my grandson, Thomas, who is three years old. I did the painting as a birthday gift for my daughter in law. When ever he visits he wants to ‘play’ the piano, and on this particular day the light was coming through the window perfectly highlighting his features. I used Art Spectrum, Unison, Rembrandt and Schminke soft pastels.

Reynaldo Reynaldo 201 posts

Charros Waiting On The Parade
by Reynaldo

Mixed Media on Heavy Duty Canvas
50 × 84 inches
Year: 2007

While attending a California Central Coast Mexican Festival, these beautiful horses along with their traditionally costumed Charro Riders inspired me as they were on the sidelines waiting to join the procession.

I wanted to create a special work of this scene I had in my mind, it needed something unique, larger than life…so I built the frame, got heavy duty canvas, stretched and treated it on the frame and added lots of texture in 3 sessions with sawdust and binding materials of my own creation. The end result surpassed my expectations…

Tom Norton Tom Norton 25 posts

by Tom Norton

Pen and Pencils on Bristol vellum
Year – 2009

This is a self portrait conveying my self-destructive 2009, following my loss of an 18-year gig with a major musical instrument manufacturer/distributor. I am a musician/composer and artist, and through the losses and frustrations of last year, which resulted in my almost drowning myself in Jack Daniels and other assorted libations, I began to draw, paint and create new music…funny how things work out…I hit bottom in late December ‘09 and made the decision to change my life. I am 100 days clean and sober tomorrow, and have never felt better. Today was a great day, and I can’t freaking wait until tomorrow!!! Peace!

laureen warrington laureen warrin... 689 posts

by m-mission

From the copper-scape series, a study of healing properties of copper.
I found an ancient copper pot that I had been given in Turkey. I cleaned it and marvelled at the
beauty. Copper has tremendous healing properties. Here is my study on copper:) I found it interesting that copper
has an atomic number of 29 2+9=11 1+1=2 THE HIGH PRIESTESS , the universal principle of intuition,independence
self trust. An androgynous figure which represents balance. This serves us as a reminder that we are not to sacrifice
our strength for our softness or our softness for our strength.
These images are from the large copper vessel used to pour cold water in the hamams in istanbul in the early 1900s.
Healing copper is an essential component of the natural pigment, melanin that gives color to our skin, hair, and eyes. Yes, copper helps stop our hair from turning grey and helps keep our hair thick.
Healing copper is required in our body to make enzymes that stop our arteries from hardening and the resulting high blood pressure.
Healing copper is required to support the enzyme lysyl oxidase. Lysyl Oxidase is used in the synthesis and maintenance of bone and connective tissue. If this enzyme is somehow not working properly, the maintenance breaks down. We believe that copper is essential to the activation of lysyl oxidase and supports both elastin and collagen, areas of great concern for arthritis sufferers.
Healing copper is considered to have a positive influence on blood circulation and metabolism.
Healing copper is considered a strong conductor of energy (considered an excellent combination with magnetic field therapy) as an aid for exhaustion.
Healing copper is often known as the “Love Metal”… helping us open up to Love energies.

An image with a message from the silent kingdom.
You are the artist!

salena salena 75 posts

green is still hot
by salena

watercolor and watercolorcrayon
on 300g watercolorpaper
56 × 76 cm

I was inspired to give the green wave a human face in this watercolor – to inspire to take care of each other and our nature!

Nathalie Chaput Nathalie Chaput 122 posts

Eiffel Down-under
by Nathalie Chaput

Digital – Photo-manipulation in photoshop CS3

frenchblue frenchblue 11 posts

by frenchblue

Mixed media, pastel, ink, gouache, pencil & oil pastel on illustration board

a perfect
and reality

Oh….what a tangled web we weave in our creative, yet disillusioned worlds

Richard Sunderland Richard Sunder... 1298 posts

Granite Lines 2
by Richard Sunderland

Watercolours on 140lb/ 300gsm Langton Rough watercolour paper.

The themes of structure, tone, light and shadow are constant guides to how I am looking at the environment. In recent times Natural Lines and Man-made Lines seem to be a focus of my work. The rocks are based on frequent visits to Down Tor in the Dartmoor National Park UK.
The rocks are constantly changing and always seem to be giving something new.

natayo natayo 35 posts

by Fred Smilde

oils on stretched canvas
20 × 24 inches

The above started from a face I painted roughly a month ago. For better or worse I generally use oil paint straight from the tube- hence it was dry. I had used a substantial amount of paint in certain areas- something I have come to favor as when dried allows me to “chip away” so to speak and create texture in certain areas. Painting faces has become a unique experience as they develop a will of their own and after many transformations the above ultimately became a combination of wills- the face and that of my own- sometimes in collaboration and sometimes at odds (more often than not- at odds). So after a considerable amount of paint thinner, working, re-working, scraping, and numerous repetitions of this process a result was achieved that both could live with.

helene ruiz helene ruiz 2813 posts

Removed..Part 2 Behind the face, behind the mask, time behind
by helene ruiz

Acrylic on canvas

“Removed” is the 2nd of two paintings, the first being Unzippering, where the heart is carefully hidden behind a clock, peeking out thru an unzippered soul. In this 2nd piece she has bravely and without restrictions of any sort, removed her heart and is now holding it up for the world to see, without any care of it being exposed, not hiding her heart behind anything, realizing that after all, how much more can be done to her heart at this point anyway?

spr041 spr041 170 posts

by Bob Bremner

Macro Photography

I found a small compressor tank at the metal pile in the local dump. Rust and Metal

TeriLee TeriLee 77 posts

A Moment in The Continuum
by TeriLee

Digital – Made in GIMP

©Janis Zroback ©Janis Zroback 7995 posts

Landscape Hardy…Egdon Sunrise
by Janis Zroback

Sanguine, Charcoal and Pastel on Arches Not Paper

Here at least were intelligible facts regarding landscape—far-reaching proofs productive of genuine satisfaction.
The untameable, Ishmaelitish thing that Egdon now was, it always had been.
Civilization was its enemy, and ever since the beginning of vegetation its soil had worn the same antique brown dress, the natural and invariable garment of the particular formation.
In its venerable one coat lay a certain vein of satire on human vanity in clothes.
A person on the heath in raiment of modern cut and colours has more or less an anomalous look.
We seem to want the oldest and simplest human clothing where the clothing of the earth is so primitive
…The Return of the Native..Thomas Hardy

As with all the others in this series, I paint inspired by the feelings I experience when reading Hardy’s books…I want to paint emotion and mood, not to imitate what I have seen or read…when the painting is complete, I reread the passages, and much to my surprise I find that the memory is deep seated…
I am never conscious of reproducing any particular lines, but here in “Egdon Sunrise” is the “antique brown dress” that Hardy describes…it’s apparent that is what made me choose sanguine before anything else…
I first read the book in high school, but have reread it since then, the last time over ten years ago…his prose is so powerful that it’s impact remains long afterwards…
There is a figure in the landscape…he is there on the far right so as not to compete with the heath, but as it’s barely sunrise, he is in partial darkness

Reynaldo Reynaldo 201 posts

On A Higher Plain……The Cheyenne
by Reynaldo

Acrylic on 140 Lb Watercolour Paper
18×24 inches
Year – 2009

Many of my paintings, especially the abstracts, come to me, as this one did, in dreams and visions. Sometimes just sitting at my drawing table without a clue as to what I am going to paint, a vision appears to me in my mind; sometimes it comes when I am asleep and it is so real; so strong, it’s energy wakes me and I have to get it down on paper, even if its a rough draft, in order to go back to sleep. And if I can’t get back to sleep…well then, I work on the painting until it’s done!

DebraLee Wiseberg DebraLee Wiseberg 773 posts

by DebraLee Wiseberg

Photography – macro
Nikon D200, Nikkor 24-120mm

Abstract photograph of rust and scratches on a metal industrial container. Captured in Toronto’s west end behind a factory. I actually got caught by security taking this image and when I explained to the two gentlemen that came out to talk to me I was an abstract artist…. they allowed me to stay and I continued taking my images. I think it pays to be a mature woman somedays! hehe