Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Inside Solo, vol 1 (2009.07.17) (locked)

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36896 posts

INSIDE SOLO, vol 1
Friday July 17, 2009

Editor: F.A. Moore

ART NEWS

1. Solo Exhibition member, Helene Kippert’s, The big squeeze is in Manhattan Arts International curated show, Celebrate Herstory 2009 exhibition, running through September. Congratulations, Helene, on this big event and accomplishment. Thousands of entries were submitted for the event.

Helene will have a solo exhibit of her work, here, on August 7th – 9th, Friday through Sunday.

The big squeeze

1. Gina Cormier, whose solo exhibition starts today in the Solo Exhibition Feature Gallery, placed 2nd in BetterPhoto.com’s June contest, from nearly 20,000 entries. Cormier’s Cape Cod Gold took the honors.

Cape Cod Gold is one of the featured works in Gina Cormier’s Solo Exhibition, this weekend.

1. Scott Naismith created the winning featured banner for Inside Solo. Congratulations, Scott. Thank you, also, Helene, Val, and Robin for creating fine entries to the contest!

Some of you will see the banner on your artwork or articles shared in this very edition, today.

SOLO NEWS

1. We had our first successful solo exhibition earlier this week for John Kennedy, Jedika. It was exciting to see the reception for John’s paintings and ink drawing series inspired by Lola Perrin’s music. It seems that The Musician is the most popular with members.

The Musician

Some of Jedika’s work not in the show, and RB product samples made from his art, are posted in his reception gallery. While the topic is locked, so we don’t have more posts, you are welcome to browse around. All art is linked back to the respective page in Jedika’s profile.

Thank you, John, for being the first!! Somebody had to do it! And you were absolutely perfect.

1. Gina Cormier’s show starts today, Friday July 17th and extends through Sunday. If you’re like me and love Cape Cod, you will no doubt love Gina’s photography. 12 of her images are in the Features Gallery.

Please join Gina, your hosts (Frannie and Hans), and your RB friends, for Gina’s Reception, Saturday 1 AM GMT, which is Friday night at 9 PM Eastern Daylight Time. (Here’s the world clock set to that time . Just check your city’s day and time to join us.)

Cape Cod Gold

1. Monday through Thursday, next week, Romanian Still-life painter, Elena Oleniuc, will have a solo show in the Feature Gallery. That is July 20 – 23. Please join us for the artists reception Tuesday, 8 pm GMT/4 pm New York. Click here for the time in your city for Elena’s reception

Lemons

MINI FEATURES
Here are three member-photographers to watch!

MICKSPIXPHOTOS
Mick is a 20 year veteran of scenic and wildlife photography from Cleveland, Ohio. His thousands of photos include images from New York’s Catskills and the Adirondacks. Here are a few, linked thumbnails.

102701-16, 072606-31 OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS, 080806-17 THE NEW GUY

Graham Mewburn
Graham considers himself a wedding photographer, but see what you think of his nature photography! He and his wife are rebuilding a yacht, to set sail later this year. Talk about photo-op!

Barefoot Bride, Mangrove mooring, Riderless Horse

Jan Piller
Jan’s photographs will take your breath away. Jan is Canadian.

Spring Sonnet, Golden Retriever II, Dance of the Migration

TIPS
Some links from Mr. Baxter and staff from Red Bubble:

1. How to make triptychs in Photoshop
  2. How to make patterns in Photoshop
  3. Free Commercial Textures
  4. Free Grunge Brushes for Photoshop and Gimp
  5. How to: Grunge Text Type – Alison Johnston

Inside Solo is a weekly magazine for members of Solo Exhibition group of Red Bubble. It features news, artworks, and information of interests to members, and is copyright 2009, F.A. Moore-Corpier. The creators of the artworks shown are the sole copyright holders of the respective artworks, which are used here by permission.

HansBellani HansBellani 132 posts

An awesome edition Fran…I could hardly have done this better!
Congratulations to the artists who are featured…
Lets Party

Congratulations to the featured photographers in this first edition of Inside Solo, and to our members recently honored by exhibits or awards, and to the Solo Exhibitors.

It’s now 7:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time. See you in about 14 hours at Gina’s reception.

My apologies to everyone who tried the link and it didn’t work. I had set this forum to “host only”, thinking only host could post here. But apparently host only also means that only the hosts can see the topic. I do apologize.

Stephen Mclaren Stephen Mclaren 68 posts

I wondered what I was doing wrong to not see this!! Im glad its working well now. Congrats to all artists, photographers and a special well done to Frannie and Hans for their excellent work on this Solo Group. I hope it brings in plenty of interest over the coming weeks and months.
All the best to all at Solo!!!!

tsena74 tsena74 39 posts

Wonderfully done! Congrats to all…an awesome job!

robpixaday robpixaday 3076 posts

SUPERB first volume!!
Fascinating, VERY helpful, and full of terrific artists’ works!
Many thanks to our hosts and the artists whose hard work made this possible.

I’m looking forward to the next issue!!!

applause

LindaAppleArt LindaAppleArt 206 posts

So glad you are doing this!!!! GREAT IDEA………..wonderfully done too! THANKS!!

Thank you all. This is your magazine. Enjoy.

New issue each Friday….

Quinn000 Quinn000 309 posts

This first issue looks spectacular Fran! Fantastic work! I look forward to meeting new featured artists!