Standard Shipping for delivery by Dec 24 has ended. Most products available with Express Shipping.

Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Inside Solo, vol 25 (Feb 14, 2010) (locked)

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36390 posts

#Inside Solo, vol 25 (Feb 14 2010)

Featuring the art of Bernard Lacoque

<< Windows: RIGHT-CLICK,
“Save target as”
Mac: CONTROL-CLICK,
“Save link as” or
“Download linked file as”
or something similar :)
TO DOWNLOAD PDF

(14.4MB, 50 pages)

Do NOT try and open this in your browser. You will see a blank page for a long time if you try to do so. DO Download, and then double-click to open the file. :)

Bernard Lacoque Retrospective – Permanent Gallery
Scott d’Almeida Permanent Gallery
Linaji Solo Exhibition Artist Reception and show: Monday March 1st – 7th

The link to the magazine is now live. Follow instructions to download the file by Right-Clicking or Control-Clicking (mac) on the Cover Image, top, and saving the FILE to your computer (not the image file but the TARGET pdf file. Then read the PDF with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for all systems. Mac users may use Preview, instead.

If you simply click rather than right-click or control-click, it will eventually load in your browser, after maybe 2-3 minutes. This takes a long time and is slower, once loaded, because everything is happening over the web, rather than on your desktop. Mac users who have Preview as their helper app: you won’t be able to navigate past page 1 with Preview on the web. However, If you save to your desktop, then Preview WILL navigate to other pages just fine.

PLEASE COME BACK AND LEAVE US FEEDBACK. It sure keeps us writers ‘going’, and the featured and solo artist like to read the comments, too, especially. THANK YOU!!!

Writers for this issue are, in order of appearance:

Richard Sunderland
Elizabeth Bravo
Joanne Bradley
Linda Ridpath
F.A. Moore
Elisabeth J. Plastino

Guest writers, in order of appearance, are:
Andy Mercer
Norval Arbogast
Janis Zroback
Reynaldo
Vickie Bodie
Catherine Walker
Chris Baker
Varry Niven
Donna Malone
Patrick
Ruth

The next issue of Inside Solo, vol. 26, featuring Scott d’Almeida and other artists, will follow close behind.

Enjoy this special issue!

Linda Bianic Linda Bianic 3147 posts

sounds exciting Fannie!!

kenmeyerjr kenmeyerjr 48 posts

I never did get an answer to my question as to the process…did you get it?

DebraLee Wiseberg DebraLee Wiseberg 790 posts

Looking forward to this edition. Thanks Frannie.

Debra

prettybird prettybird 205 posts

Can’t wait gorgeous, you been busy as usual xxxxxxxxxx

Hi, Ken, I responded earlier today to the question you placed in the message about the New Juried Exhibitions, yes. :)

This forum is strictly for this magazine issue. Once I’m sure you have seen the response, I will delete your comment in this forum and edit my own.

You didn’t mention magazine features, but, similarly, the other writers and I look through the gallery and decide who inspires us to write an article that week.

I determine the Solo shows, essentially the same way, by studying the body of work coming through the gallery.

Your specific question was a bout the new “juried invitational exhibitions”. A rotating panel of past solo artists and writers will be either nominators or jurors each month. The first show should be at the end of March. The nominators will place a banner on the page of the work that should be submitted to the exhibit, and there will be a link to instructions, with it. All of that was essentially in the message, but I’m hoping that I have clarified it for you here and in my response there, as well, just stating it a bit differently, perhaps.

Amanda  Cass Amanda Cass 9 posts

wow fantastic as usual looks fab! xx

@Amanda, thank you!

LarsvandeGoor LarsvandeGoor 19 posts

another masterfully presentation Fran, you’re the best

Karen  Hull Karen Hull 103 posts

A fascinating read Frannie, such a great concept!!! This is my first time coming across this magazine – is it only accessible to RedBubblers, or is it published outside of RedBubble (?) – it looks so professional!!!

Thanks, @Karen. Well anyone can find it via Google and download it, as a Group’s forums are public, so to speak.
But I have not put the magazine anywhere, yet, except RedBubble and of course my server.

Thank you. Some other artists in the group volunteer their time and write up features as well. And I believe the variety of voices and backgrounds and expertise really make the magazine meaningful. Thanks so much Karen for your compliment.

@Lars, Many thanks! :D

KeepsakesPhotography Michael Rowley KeepsakesPhoto... 61 posts

Brilliant work and the same for all the artists involved, so professional too. absolutely outstanding.
Sometimes i get stuck for words ,comments and things alike Frannie, but sincerely this is a real credit to you and those involved

regards Mick.

ArtLacoque ArtLacoque 909 posts

Frannie , what a fantastic and deeply moving edition you created with this SOLO-MAGAZIN VOL-25.
I loved to get a closer look at Richard Tuvey’s beautiful art . You find me intensly touched by describing Donnamalone’s work MERCY, which is outstanding. Loved to see all these many home page features of the Solo-Exhibition members.
I am exspecially moved by the statements of all these extraordinary artists on works of Bernard Lacoque. Your articles concerning Bernard’s vision are perfectly describing his intentions and the work you present here in the magazine may invite many others to face the inheritance of Bernard Lacoque.
My gratefulness to you friends of Bernard , friends in art to confront with his work and share your impressions in this magazine .
My admiration to you Frannie for what you edited in this magazine, for your creation – and my gratefulness and friendship to you as well, Thank you.
Ruth

Ushna Sardar Ushna Sardar 597 posts

thats fantabulous!!!! you’re wonderful Fran! a big hug xo

Lesley Williamson Lesley Williamson 221 posts

WOW guys!! The work that has gone into the magazine is incredible!!! Well done all of those who were involved!! It’s really nice to see an artists work displayed this way, especially if you’ve never come across them before. It makes them look like a truly professional artist that would fit into any of the glossy mags which is nothing short of what they deserve!! Great work guys, very well put together!! :) I guess i’ve got some back reading to do!

Thank you!! :)

maxy maxy 17350 posts

WOW!!! Grabbing it now – it looks wonderful!!! Thank you Frannie and all the writers!!

Deborah Glasgow Deborah Glasgow 103 posts

What incredible work you all did in this issue……..and what a wonderful tribute to Bernard…

AlienVisitor AlienVisitor 693 posts

Hey, nice issue as always, lots of artists and some good reading about what goes into their art.

Keep em’ coming Frannie.

“May you always create well and prosper”

AV

© Janis Zroback © Janis Zroback 6854 posts

Simply wonderful issue Frannie…I read every bit of it and was enthralled to the end…..

robpixaday robpixaday 3077 posts

Click!

::waves::

@everyone: I’m so thrilled you all are taking in this issue.

@contributors: Thank you to all of the contributing writers for selecting your favorite and writing an article on it. I was taken with the level of skill in writing and very much enjoyed your take on the Bernard’s art. For me, as well, this magazine was an excellent read. Thanks to banrai, as well, who gave me his permission to use his quote. It was added to my article on Bernard’s “Generations”. banrai’s name was added to the “Artists Speak on Bernard Lacoque” section cover, as well.

Thank you very much, ALL!

@Robpixaday – oh good, you’re not snowed under yet. Get your copy while you can! :)

@Ruth, I don’t know how you managed, but you obviously did manage to get a copy of the PDF file.

You are so gracious here, and have been, in sharing Bernard’s art with us all. You have also been such a wonderful and informative presence at the retrospective, an exhibition I will never forget.

I admire you as a person and friend.

downloaded;cooking in advance of the strom.
Can you smell the potatoes roasted in barbeque sauce? the spiced apples stewing?
GAAAAACK!! Sweetie’s eating my lunkc1!!
::runs::

He licked the juice off my Gorton’s salmon fillet.
:O