A pouch to carry your pouch. Buy 2, save 15%.

Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

SoJie 15 workshop - For the Birds (locked)

Martin Smart Martin Smart 320 posts

Home With The Catch 3
by Martin Smart

Agreed to translation in traditional medium (oil or acrylic) by Elisabeth Dubois

ArtLacoque ArtLacoque 909 posts

Bird, Bernard Lacoque-3 "That's why the Lady is a bird"
by ArtLacoque

Agreed to translation of Bernard Lacoque’s art, in traditional watercolour medium, by Kathie Nichols.

Bird, Bernard Lacoque-4
by ArtLacoque

Agreed to translation of Bernard Lacoque’s art in traditional medium by Robin King

Bird, Bernard Lacoque-2 "Messenger"
by ArtLacoque

Traditional Art by Bernard Lacoque, will be Translated into Traditional art by Elizabeth Bravo

linaji linaji 6577 posts

A Piece of the Action
by linaji

linaji linaji 6577 posts

Bird Series… Night vision
by linaji

Agreed for translation in traditional medium by Terri Maddock

Sally Green Sally Green 624 posts

Profile Of A Hunter
by Sally Green

Lenka Lenka 470 posts

Wild geese
by Lenka

Agreed to be translated by LilyNoelle in a Traditional (Chalk Pastel) Medium.
Agreed to be translated by Robin Monroe in a Traditional Water and Ink Medium.
Agreed to be translated by Elizabeth Bravo in a Traditional Medium, Acrylic.

Lenka Lenka 470 posts

Rueppell's Vulture: After a shower
by Lenka

Rebecca Cozart Rebecca Cozart 28 posts

Golden Pelican
by Rebecca Cozart

Agreed to be translated by Janis Zroback into traditional media

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37016 posts

Peacock Pose
by Kristina K

(posted on behalf of Kristina K., with her permission)

Agreed to translation in traditional medium of oil paint and oil pastel by F.A. Moore

DOWNLOAD AGREEMENT

1. Either Catalog Contributor or Prospective Translator should DOWNLOAD THE AGREEMENT and fill your portion out. Exchange the Agreement between the parties for signatures (typed, signed, or otherwise). Digital signatures are fine, as long as you keep proof of the digital exchange (like saving the email, or taking a screenshot of the RB messages exchanged). Some prefer to fax the agreement. This is up to the parties.
  2. The agreement is to protect both of your interests, so that there is a clear understanding between you, especially as to copyrights, credits, and number of interpretive works allowed.
  3. POST a copy of the COMPLETED, DIGITALLY SIGNED AGREEMENT back here in the comments. Before saving the comment, delete any private terms that you outline in paragraph 8. We donʼt want or need to see those. :)
  4. Translators should post at least TWO Works-in-progress (WIPs), HERE, in this workspace, before moving on to the next stage of their work. (For Watercolor, only ONE WIP is required, in addition to the final.)
  5. The in-process posts MAKE the workshop experience. Similar to a performance, they put a certain pressure on the artist, and increase the benefits of the workshop to both artists and other participants.
  6. For consideration for the SoJie 15 exhibition, to be held at the end of May, your work should be completed by May 24. That is about 2.5 weeks). Although there are no guarantees of your work making the exhibition, your chances are greatly increased, by participating in the workshop.

TRANSLATORS: remember, one translation agreement at a time.

When the first translation is finished, if there is time, you can go for a second, (or third). NO PERMISSION IS NEEDED for your second or subsequent translations. However, you are not allowed to stack contracts, and have two or more contracts going with unfinished, related artworks.

ORIGINATORS (catalog contributors): re. multiple translations allowed under these conditions.

You may sign contracts with more than one artist for your work. If you do, you should apprise the second and subsequent artists, before they sign the agreement. Some may not want to translate a work, already being translated. Others may be fine with that, because art is so personal. Be sure and post a tag under the work for each agreement signed. (see Terms.) Also remember to check your mail, as many artists will paint 2-3 works, and may send a request to translate as late as 2 weeks from now. Do NOT sign an agreement, if the person tells you they will paint it after they paint another one, as THAT work would not be in compliance with the terms of the workshop.

Have fun! If there are any questions, bmail me!!

If several have the same question, then I’ll post the Q & A here.

Workshop posts start next.

Be sure and post your agreement before posting Works in Progress.

I am happy to report that I have entered an agreement with Jim Cumming to translate his “Red-tailed Hawk” to an oil painting.

Red-tailed Hawk – Perched
by Jim Cumming

The agreement follows:

AGREEMENT FOR TRANSLATION OF ART FROM ANY MEDIUM TO ANOTHER

1. TERMS. The term ORIGINATING WORK shall refer to the original photograph, digital art, or painting, represented by the catalog submission to Solo Exhibition’s SoJie 15 Workshop. The term ARTWORK shall refer to the resulting translation of the ORIGINATING WORK, to any art medium, so agreed upon. The term ORIGINATOR shall refer to the creator of the original ORIGINATING WORK. The term ARTIST shall refer to the creator of the ARTWORK, which is a translation of the original ORIGINATING WORK. The term THIRD PARTIES shall refer to any entity not the ORIGINATOR and not the ARTIST, which may come in contact with either the ORIGINATING WORK or the ARTWORK in the course of business.

2. Jim Cumming, hereinafter “ORIGINATOR”, grants F.A. Moore, herinafter “ARTIST”, the right to use the work, titled: “Red-tailed Hawk”, hereinafter “ORIGINATING WORK”, as a reference in the creation of ONE ARTWORK, in a Traditional Medium (oil).

3. ORIGINATOR retains full copyright over the original ORIGINATING WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ARTWORK.

4. ARTIST retains full copyright of their own ARTWORK, which is a translation of the ORIGINATING WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ORIGINATING WORK.

5. ORIGINATOR should be given a credit as follows for the reference for the ARTWORK:

a. when the ARTWORK is presented on the ARTIST’s ARTWORK page on RedBubble, ARTIST shall include in the description area, a small thumbnail image linked back to the ORIGINATING ARTWORK; or, if the ORIGINATING ARTWORK is unpublished, then to the ORIGINATOR’s profile page on RedBubble.

b. when the ARTWORK is presented in any other electronic medium, or publication, or live setting, ARTIST should provide in a description, when possible, a working link or reference to ORIGINATOR or ORIGINATING WORK.

c. when the original ARTWORK is sold, where the ARTIST has control, the name of the ORIGINATOR and title of the ORIGINATING WORK shall be included in the invoice, description area as a reference.

6. ORIGINATOR and ARTIST, each hold harmless current or future THIRD PARTIES from enforcing any specific obligations between ORIGINATOR and ARTIST.

7. No additional terms in this agreement shall negate, or make ineffective the agreement in these paragraphs, 1 – 7.

8. ORIGINATOR AND ARTIST have additionally agreed to the below statements.
N/A.

AGREED by ORIGINATOR:_____________Jim Cumming___________________________

Date:_________May 6, 2012____________

AGREED by ARTIST: F.A. Moore

Date: May 6, 2012

Lana Wynne Lana Wynne 599 posts

I am very exited to translate beautiful “Wise Owl” by Yannik Hay.

1. TERMS. The term ORIGINATING WORK shall refer to the original photograph, digital art, or painting, represented by the catalog submission to Solo Exhibition’s SoJie 15 Workshop. The term ARTWORK shall refer to the resulting translation of the ORIGINATING WORK, to any art medium, so agreed upon. The term ORIGINATOR shall refer to the creator of the original ORIGINATING WORK. The term ARTIST shall refer to the creator of the ARTWORK, which is a translation of the original ORIGINATING WORK. The term THIRD PARTIES shall refer to any entity not the ORIGINATOR and not the ARTIST, which may come in contact with either the ORIGINATING WORK or the ARTWORK in the course of business.

2. Yannik Hay, hereinafter “ORIGINATOR”, grants Lana Wynne, hereinafter “ARTIST”, the right to use the work, titled:“Wise Owl”, hereinafter “ORIGINATING WORK”, as a reference in the creation of ONE ARTWORK, in a Traditional Medium (acrylic, oil pastels).

3. ORIGINATOR retains full copyright over the original ORIGINATING WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ARTWORK.

4. ARTIST retains full copyright of their own ARTWORK, which is a translation of the ORIGINATING WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ORIGINATING WORK.

5. ORIGINATOR should be given a credit as follows for the reference for the ARTWORK:

a. when the ARTWORK is presented on the ARTIST’s ARTWORK page on RedBubble, ARTIST shall include in the description area, a small thumbnail image linked back to the ORIGINATING ARTWORK; or, if the ORIGINATING ARTWORK is unpublished, then to the ORIGINATOR’s profile page on RedBubble.

b.when the ARTWORK is presented in any other electronic medium, or publication, or live setting, ARTIST should provide in a description, when possible, a working link or reference to ORIGINATOR or ORIGINATING WORK.

c. when the original ARTWORK is sold, where the ARTIST has control, the name of the ORIGINATOR and title of the ORIGINATING WORK shall be included in the invoice, description area as a reference.

6. ORIGINATOR and ARTIST, each hold harmless current or future THIRD PARTIES from enforcing any specific obligations between ORIGINATOR and ARTIST.

7. No additional terms in this agreement shall negate, or make ineffective the agreement in these paragraphs, 1 – 7.

8. ORIGINATOR AND ARTIST have additionally agreed to the below statements. N/A

AGREED by ORIGINATOR: Yannik Hay

AGREED by ARTIST: Lana Wynne

Qnita Qnita 5780 posts

Oh Frannie… I love that photograph! It’s going to make a lovely painting… :-)
Congratulations to you both!

Qnita Qnita 5780 posts

LOL Lana… I had my eye on that wise owl! Lovely photograph!
Congratulations to the two of you!

Elisabeth Dubois Elisabeth Dubois 1059 posts

this is going to be an awesome workshop…..can’t wait to see those WIP’s

Elisabeth Dubois Elisabeth Dubois 1059 posts

Qnita…you can do that Owl too :), no stopping you if Yannik agrees :)
there can be more than one translation on any image :)

Kathie Nichols Kathie Nichols 3628 posts

Really missed these workshops, can’t wait until the WIP’s are posted, oh how much fun!

Qnita Qnita 5780 posts

Okay… LOL, I didn’t read all the rules because I wasn’t thinking of translating this time. … and yes, I can’t wait for those WIP’s either. I learn a lot from it.

Lana Wynne Lana Wynne 599 posts

Hi, Qnita! Come on board! You can ask Yannik about the translation. We all are so different, it will be so fun to see one image translated from different perspectives.
Hi, Kathie and Elisabeth, are you going to participate ? I hope. All images in this workshop are challenging, but why do not challenge yourself? That is one of the ways to grow as an artist: trying to reach the unreachable.

Elizabeth Bravo Elizabeth Bravo 5566 posts

@Lana……I couldn’t agree with you more. This is what I have LOVED about these workshops. I see people really stretching and growing and even the more worldly artists show their vulnerabilities. It is such a great thing to be involved in. I love seeing your encouraging words and I would add them here as well. COMMON GIRLS AND BOYS…..come and give it a go….This is a great opportunity and what a great catalog of work to select from.

I have made an agreement with Ruth to do Bernard’s piece the messenger. I am very excited to play with the materials that he did. I will do this piece on cardboard and will see if I can achieve the textures that he did more so than a literal translation. We are just doing the contract now. YAY!!! I am really looking forward to it. I hope to get it started today….as I leave for a trip tomorrow.

Woepi Woepi 303 posts

My choice is : http://www.redbubble.com/people/photograph2u/wo...
Yannik Hay gave her permission. And I agree with the terms of agreement she sent me.
I would like to make a lino print of it. It’ll be printed with waterbased Block print.. Is this allright ?
Woepi

©Janis Zroback ©Janis Zroback 8009 posts

2. ____ AUDRAN GOSLING __________, hereinafter “ORIGINATOR”, grants___ JANIS ZROBACK ________, herinafter “ARTIST”, the right to use the work, titled:___ “COLD PENGUINS” _______, hereinafter “ORIGINATING WORK”, as a reference in the creation of ONE ARTWORK, in a ___ Traditional ___________________ Medium. (Type in one of: Digital, Photographic, or Traditional, for the Medium of translation, in the previous blank).

b. when the ARTWORK is presented in any other electronic medium, or publication, or live setting, ARTIST should provide in a description, when possible, a working link or reference to ORIGINATOR or ORIGINATING WORK.

8. ORIGINATOR AND ARTIST have additionally agreed to the below statements.
(add additional agreements below)

AGREED by ORIGINATOR:___AUDRAN GOSLING_____________________________________

Date:7th May 2012_________________

AGREED by ARTIST: _____Janis Zroback______________________________________

Date:___________7/05/12__________

I am looking forward to working with this beautiful photograph….