Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

SoJie 13 Workshop (locked)

linaji linaji 6623 posts

Step 3, 4 5.. is creating the bottom by reintorduing a texture that I played with and then using my drawing and brushes to create the water scene below… sorry I should have taken more pics but it is hard for me to stop my flow…..
Ohhh
the title: Surfacing to Whidbey Island

At this stage this is my defiing layer… I will keep this safe as I can use this to mellow out or reestablish my work. you will see in the next stages how much like a painter, I can go back and go over what is not working for me… I did this alont on this pice cause I love this so far but the depth is not here in the work.
:
Now introducing elements: STEP 6

tree, grafitee, and later Elizabeths color

I had been playing with a Monterey cypress and so this is an image I was working with besides this one

Elizabeth Bravo Elizabeth Bravo 5565 posts

Ooooooooooooooo LINA……..I see all those awesome layers. You are really making such great progress and this is the first in show where we are getting to see your WIP…….DIGITAL work in progress. I would love to do a digital piece after my traditional…..IF I AM PERMITTED of course…..but just to see how it feels to watch the piece grow.
I LOVE IT YAY
YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36293 posts

It’s looking fabulous, but Lina the rules in this workshop are applied strictly in that
works in progress must be posted BEFORE YOU GO TO THE NEXT STAGE OF THE ARTWORK.

That applies to ALL mediums.

Disqualification ensues otherwise. I’m counting these WIPs (the ones posted 30 minutes ago) as ONE WIP, only.
I guess the ones posted above, 30 minutes later will be WIP #2.

Looks Awesome by the way!!! @Lina

linaji linaji 6623 posts

Ohhh well I am sorry.. I just took time out and posted on my computer desktop… it is hard for me to stop since my process is that of a flow…
I hardly stopped on this one,,,,
let me know if I should post any more…or if I am disqualified… my bad

@Renee that sounds great! Since you mentioned time zone differences, please remind Keith of the tag from rule #9, page 1
Also remember what I just warned Lina about.

Even Photographers need to
STOP
and post a WIP BEFORE moving to a next stage.
we need to see at least 2 stages of work, besides the final

Talking about wips after the fact is about the same as a journal and this is a WORKSHOP, not a journal.

Everybody has the same problem, @Lina, You are not alone in that. Everybody is in the flow, and it’s difficult to stop.
But you’ll get used to it. :)

linaji linaji 6623 posts

Intro Tree and graffiti
this took some time as I played with the tree in layers and saw a face which I brang out and the graffiti was fun, kept playing with area below the surface too

@Lina, Right now you have your 2 required as the last set was posted 30 minutes after the first set.

They were cross posted with my warning post, so I amended it some.

The personal gain in the workshop is from posting before the next stage. THAT IS the main gain from the workshop.

Those who don’t, really don’t take away a benefit except being in the exhibition.

There is always a palpable group sigh when someone posts their Wips, obviously not while in progress.
We can tell, and it’s disappointing to everyone who is stopping their flow and posting in progress, and
disappointing to viewers too, who like the edginess of a live happening in progress.

linaji linaji 6623 posts

Oh…. ok.. well I am not done and this is pretty well the last before I started to work on color… so later on tonight…
so much more to do!!
thanks for letting me be a bit daft here Frannie….

linaji linaji 6623 posts

should I post the color process when I am done? how many am I allowed as far as wip?

You can post as many as you want, as long as they are not after the fact. We’ve had 12-20 posted.
But if you are not able to stop much then it’s better for you to post less, I would think. But more is FINE.

I see the face too, @Lina. I bet it’s tempting to take off on THAT!

linaji linaji 6623 posts

hehehe this is a blast…. I really love that tree and the whimsical quality it brings…. color is interesting…. and well I don’t want to over do.. we shall see.. off to me doc and dinner with a friend tonight.
See you soon everyone.. this is a great experience

Okay, see you later.

Robin Webster Robin Webster 615 posts

OK! Here I go! Eyes closed, ears covered, cringing in my chair……My first WIP of “Hiding in My Art” a photographic interpretation of Alissa Brunskill’s “Fortification”

This is the photograph that will be my starting point. I have big plans for it in editing. I will only be doing enhancements to this 1 image and if I feel it is necessary I will perhaps add some texture layers at the end. The jury is still out on that one.

Bull Rushes you say? Well what a better way to hide. Have you ever stood in front of a swamp of these? You see the rushes, but have no idea what lurks within. A great place to hide. There is mystery and wonder in hiding and sometimes your colors shine through from within. I know I hide in my art a lot of the time, but it is just that art, that lets my inner colors (or self) shine through. My art is my heart, an extension of who I am…so does that mean that I really am not hiding??? Hmmmm.

Keith Reesor Keith Reesor 815 posts

AGREEMENT FOR TRANSLATION OF DIGITAL ART
1. TERMS. The term AGREEMENT refers to this Agreement for Translation of Digital Art. The term ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK shall refer to the original digital artwork, represented by the posted submission to Solo Exhibition’s SoJie 13 Workshop. The term ARTWORK shall refer to the resulting translation of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK, to a traditional art medium; photographic art medium, including straight photography; or digital art medium; pursuant to the AGREEMENT. The term ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST shall refer to the creator of the original digital artwork. The term ARTIST shall refer to the creator of the ARTWORK which is a translation of the original ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK. The term GENRE shall refer to the general category of medium for the translated work, either “Photographic Art”, “Digital Art”, or “Traditional Art”, pursuant to Solo’s Juried Invitational Exhibition guidelines. The term THIRD PARTIES shall refer to any entity not the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and not the ARTIST, who or which may come in contact with either the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK or the ARTWORK in the course of business.
2. Keith Reesor, hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST” grants Rene Fuller, hereinafter “ARTIST” the right to use “…In That Quiet Earth”, hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK”, as a reference for ONE ARTWORK, in the following GENRE, only: Photographic Art.
(GENRE must be “Photographic Art”, “Digital Art”, or “Traditional Art”.)
3. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST has not given any other ARTIST the right to translate in the same GENRE.
4. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST promises ARTIST that no stock elements or works purportedly in the public domain, or elements created by THIRD PARTIES were used within the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
5. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST retains full copyright over the original ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ARTWORK.
6. ARTIST retains full copyright of their own ARTWORK, which is a translation of the original ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
7. ARTIST should give credit to ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST as follows for the reference for the ARTWORK:
a. when the ARTWORK is presented in an electronic medium, ARTIST should provide in a description, when possible, a working link to ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST or ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
b. when the ARTWORK is presented in a live setting, ARTIST should provide a reference in a description, when possible, to the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
c. when the ARTWORK is presented in a publication, ARTIST should provide a reference in a description, when possible, to the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
d. when the original ARTWORK is sold, where the ARTIST has control, the name of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and title of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK shall be included in the invoice, description area as a reference.
Suggested wording: After ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST’s “ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK”
with obvious substitutions, and linking either the work, the artist’s name, or both, if links are possible, as per Paragraph 7 in this AGREEMENT.
8. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ARTIST, each hold harmless current or future THIRD PARTIES from enforcing any specific obligations between ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ARTIST.
9. No additional terms in this agreement shall negate, or make ineffective the agreement in these paragraphs, 1 – 9.
10. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST AND ARTIST have additionally agreed to the below statements.
(add additional agreements below, including any requests for larger format files, discounts on translated works, etc.)
AGREED by ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST: Keith Reesor
Date: 8/2/2011
AGREED by ARTIST: Rene Fuller
Date:8/2/2011

Oh my yes, those Cattails are thick and perfect, @Robin!!!

Fantastic, @Keith! Congratulations to you and Rene. Be sure to add that tag from page 1, rule 9 at the top, and link Rene’s name with it.

How exciting to be getting so many Photographic Art translations!

Dianne  Ilka Dianne Ilka 986 posts

1. TERMS. The term AGREEMENT refers to this Agreement for Translation of Digital Art. The term ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK shall refer to the original digital artwork, represented by the posted submission to Solo Exhibition’s SoJie 13 Workshop. The term ARTWORK shall refer to the resulting translation of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK, to a traditional art medium; photographic art medium, including straight photography; or digital art medium; pursuant to the AGREEMENT. The term ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST shall refer to the creator of the original digital artwork. The term ARTIST shall refer to the creator of the ARTWORK which is a translation of the original ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK. The term GENRE shall refer to the general category of medium for the translated work, either “Photographic Art”, “Digital Art”, or “Traditional Art”, pursuant to Solo’s Juried Invitational Exhibition guidelines. The term THIRD PARTIES shall refer to any entity not the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and not the ARTIST, who or which may come in contact with either the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK or the ARTWORK in the course of business.

2. Peggi Wolfe (aka wolfepaw), hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST” grants Dianne Ilka , hereinafter “ARTIST” the right to use Apo Rainbow Garden, hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK”, as a reference for ONE ARTWORK, in the following GENRE, only: Traditional Art.

3. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST has not given any other ARTIST the right to translate in the same GENRE.

4. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST promises ARTIST that no stock elements or works purportedly in the public domain, or elements created by THIRD PARTIES were used within the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.

5. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST retains full copyright over the original ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ARTWORK.

6. ARTIST retains full copyright of their own ARTWORK, which is a translation of the original ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK, and shall not lay claim to copyright of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.

7. ARTIST should give credit to ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST as follows for the reference for the ARTWORK:
a. when the ARTWORK is presented in an electronic medium, ARTIST should provide in a description, when possible, a working link to ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST or ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
b. when the ARTWORK is presented in a live setting, ARTIST should provide a reference in a description, when possible, to the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
c. when the ARTWORK is presented in a publication, ARTIST should provide a reference in a description, when possible, to the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK.
d. when the original ARTWORK is sold, where the ARTIST has control, the name of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and title of the ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK shall be included in the invoice, description area as a reference.

Suggested wording: After ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST’s “ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK”
with obvious substitutions, and linking either the work, the artist’s name, or both, if links are possible, as per Paragraph 7 in this AGREEMENT.

8. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ARTIST, each hold harmless current or future THIRD PARTIES from enforcing any specific obligations between ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ARTIST.

9. No additional terms in this agreement shall negate, or make ineffective the agreement in these paragraphs, 1 – 9.

10. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST AND ARTIST have additionally agreed to the below statements.
(add additional agreements below, including any requests for larger format files, discounts on translated works, etc.)

AGREED by ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST: Peggi Wolfe (aka wolfepaw)
Date: 08-01-2011

AGREED by ARTIST: Dianne Ilka
Date: 3 August 2011

Qnita Qnita 5587 posts

Announcement:

…In That Quiet Earth
by Keith Reesor

Digital work will be translated to Photographic Art by Rene Fuller

Congratulations Keith and Rene!

Rhonda Strickland Rhonda Strickland 4118 posts

2.RestLeSsD ( Rhonda), hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST” grants Elisabeth Dubois (Ultamadness), hereinafter “ARTIST” the right to use Wayward Son, hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK”, as a reference for ONE ARTWORK, in the following GENRE, only: Traditional Art.

AGREED by ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST: RestLeSsD (aka Rhonda)
Date: August 2, 2011

AGREED by ARTIST: Elisabeth Dubois
Date: August 1st, 2011

Syd Baker Syd Baker 138 posts

2. Syd Baker, hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST” grants LilyNoelle, hereinafter “ARTIST” the right to use Adventure, hereinafter “ORIGINATING DIGITAL WORK”, as a reference for ONE ARTWORK, in the following GENRE, only: Traditional Art.

8. ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ARTIST, each hold harmless current or future THIRD PARTIES from enforcing any specific obligations between ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST and ARTIST.9. No additional terms in this agreement shall negate, or make ineffective the agreement in these paragraphs, 1 – 9.

AGREED by ORIGINATING DIGITAL ARTIST: Syd BakerDate: Aug 2. 2011AGREED by ARTIST: Stella LilyNoelle RotheDate: August 2nd 2011
Syd Baker Syd Baker 138 posts

Fran, I don’t know what happened to the formatting of the above post – is it adequate for your purposes?