It’s a tee. It’s a dress. It’s the new Graphic T-shirt Dress.

Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

The Sue Nichol Gallery @ Solo Exhibition

linaji linaji 6573 posts

Wow what a talent you are Sue, I was waiting for the collection and forgot yesterday was Easter …
You have captured moments that I find expresses a life one may be curious about and the feel is a bit gritty and harsh. Those dogs onto the cloths are a trip! This feels more like the 1940’s …when did you shoot these?

Hugh Fathers Hugh Fathers 382 posts

Congratulations on your permanent gallery Sue . . . What a marvellous thing to have . . .
It was lovely exhibiting with you and Paul, I think that the way our 3 galleries worked together was fantastic and I couldn’t have chosen a better couple of people to do it with . . .
Between us were catered for over 6,000 visits in the week, a most unexpected number . . .
Wishing you every success for the future . . .
Best regards, Hugh . . .

Sue Nichol Sue Nichol 2833 posts

@Lina, thank you so much. It does look more like the 1930’s or 40.s but was actually in the 1980’s!

@Hugh, thank you so much and echo your sentiments exactly. I have had a wonderful time and discovered two brilliant artists in yourself and Paul.
Look forward to seeing new work as you post, best wishes, Sue

Richard Sunderland Richard Sunder... 1298 posts

Congratulation Sue you have had a great week and a hugely successful show, just opened up Solo and your work is the main feature, seeing the collection as a group of images is so exciting and rewarding. Sorry, I haven’ t been a more frequent visitor this week but I am sure I will be coming back to your permanent gallery for inspiration during the year.

Thank you Richard. I have had the best of weeks and more to come this week with SoJie and small matter of trying to get in the Society of Women Artists at The Mall Galleries in London!

Vitta Vitta 1009 posts

Magnificent work!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you Vitta, I really appreciate you dropping in.

Christina Backus Christina Backus 201 posts

Such beautiful work – congratulations! Too hard to choose a favourite although Staithes Breakwater and Every Cloud I find just exquisite. Then again, Snow approaching Stanage – no – just too hard!!

@Christina, thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking a look at my work.

Kostas Koutsoukanidis Kostas Koutsou... 228 posts

Fantastic work! I tweet the link at http://bit.ly/gCEpKF

Thank you so much, both for visiting and for the tweet!

izzybeth izzybeth 347 posts

Sue, your landscapes are so pretty. I say the word pretty because they remind me of an earlier time. A time of salty sea air and gorgeous sounds of the Pacific Northwest. Even though these images may not be of that region, there is a universal feel to your handiwork! Bravo!

And cheers to the SOLO Group as well!!! Love Beth

Thank you so much Beth, others have said from across the pond that they are reminded of an era in their past, I will have to visit!

mikebov mikebov 71 posts

Congratulations Sue
I am a great admirer of your paintings .
They stir the desire to return to Staithes again soon

Laura J. Holman Laura J. Holman 413 posts

Such beautiful work, Sue, and the Gypsy photos are so powerful in black and white. Many congrats on your well deserved Solo! Awesome job Frannie, Maxy and Elizabeth. xo

Thank you Mike, I do hope you return to Staithes soon it is still a magical place.
Laura, thank you so much, pleased you paid a visit and liked what you saw.

james thomas richardson james thomas r... 48 posts

Sue just looked at your work cant choose witch one i like the best your colour and use of paint and texures are phenominal love them all

Bob Culshaw Bob Culshaw 1863 posts

Hi Sue, so sorry I missed you big week but I am here now to say that I admire your skill immensely. You have a great talent for your sea based artwork and I love this one of Whitby – the water is so delicately done!

Patterns of Whitby
by Sue Nichol

Thank you so much James and Bob, much appreciate you both stopping by.

stickelsimages stickelsimages 51 posts

What a great exhibition Sue
I meant to leave a message when I looked at it earlier but things got in the way….
Well done you
Cheers Lee

Thanks Lee, so glad you enjoyed your visit and lovely to hear from you.