Bloggers’ Bliss — See our streetwear come to life

Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Mieke Boynton Gallery

Tammera Tammera 1327 posts

SUPERB MOOD!!

Mieke Boynton Mieke Boynton 2542 posts

Thank you very much, Tammera!! And for visiting my portfolio too… Many thanks!

maxy maxy 17350 posts

Green Dragon
by Mieke Boynton

This is enchanting! LOVE the green!

Sherri     Nicholas Sherri Nic... 2965 posts

All the Colours of the Rainbow (Hancock Gorge)
by Mieke Boynton

Mieke, you sure have a gorgeous gallery..so very beautiful and this particular one I just loved..
Sherri:):) beautiful!!

maxy maxy 17350 posts

Cape Leveque, WA
by Mieke Boynton

WOW – great edge!!! It’s a watch-yer-step moment indeed!

Hi Maxy and Sherri!

@ Sherri ~ I’m going back to Karijini in a couple of weeks and hope to capture some more of its unbelievable beauty. I really don’t think I’ve been to a more incredible natural beauty than “Kermit’s Pool” in Hancock Gorge. It’s an astounding place to be. :)

@ Maxy… before I went to Karijini, Cape Leveque was (for me) the most beautiful place in Australia =D

So between the two of you, you’ve picked my two favourite places to photograph… and to spend time =D

maxy maxy 17350 posts

Sounds like an amazing place! You really capture the color of the terrain so beautifully!

Cape Leveque Sunset, WA
by Mieke Boynton

Thank you very much, Maxy!! You are so wonderful coming back for second/third/fourth visits!!!!

I just wanted to share my latest upload with you…

Sunset: Derby-style
by Mieke Boynton

I really live in a wonderful part of the world!!!

aspectsoftmk aspectsoftmk 177 posts

i knew your work would grab my eyes and touch my heart..
you have a beautiful gift of seeing, of sharing and of showing why.
as our world is in such turmoil these days visiting your gallery gave me breaths of goodness and feelings of healing fresh air..
you are one with all..of peace, of love and you pass it.

And because I really do like this one A LOT, here is a large version of “StormWatcher”. The base image is a photograph I took of the lovely and talented Fleur Fleming and all of the textures and layers are my own photos too :)

StormWatcher
by Mieke Boynton

Valerie Rosen Valerie Rosen 2034 posts

Wow, Mieke!
StormWatcher has gorgeous tones! Haven’t seen that one before!! So compelling!
Val :-))

@ Terri ~ you have humbled me this evening with your thoughtful and genuine words… I can’t believe you read my poems aswell! Thank you so much for your encouragement and for taking the time to visit my portfolio… I am really touched xxx

@ Val ~ I love your new avatar! And HUGE congratulations for making the homepage today!! Whoo hoo!

SPFisher SPFisher 773 posts

You have a stunning gallery Mieke. I particularly love your b/w’s – such mood and atmosphere. Congrats Mieke! :)

Hi Simone!!!
Thanks for coming to have a look! I really appreciate your support :) :) :)

robpixaday robpixaday 3076 posts

Just stopped back in to post this. LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Colour and Form
by Mieke Boynton

Wonderful wonderful work!!!
And amazing words.

PhotosByG PhotosByG 1637 posts

Seeing your sunset above Mieke, I can see now why you packed your bags up and moved west! WOW!

Congrats Mieke on a magnificent and beautiful exhibition.

Graham!!! Yay! You came to say hi!!! Thank you :) :) :)
And yes ~ it does make ‘living remote’ so much more bearable when you get natural wonders like this… Tonight was a ripper too, but I was walking the dog at a friend’s place and left the camera in the car :(

@ Robin ~ You know what? That shot was one of my favourites, but it had such a lukewarm response that I now just feel a little sad when I see it… but you’ve just given me a reason to think I shouldn’t completely doubt my instincts… Thank you!! =D

Mieke, you have such unique art…I just love it..so so beautiful …I wanted to stop back and see some more and comment!!
Sherri:):)

That is the nicest compliment, Sherri!!

It is very difficult to be ‘unique’ in photography unless you do a lot of editing to your work… so I’m thrilled that you think so!

Big hugs!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX

maxy maxy 17350 posts

All the Colours of the Rainbow (Hancock Gorge)
by Mieke Boynton

This is paradise!!!!! :-)

linaji linaji 6630 posts

Been meaning to come by Mieke. I have been gone so much this last week, on a small getaway and well I forgot my camera!!
But I wanted to post this as one hella fascinating shot and intrest from you. I so wish you would put your images in Art in Math. these are so well done and thought out. I love the clean lines and abstract quality to your reflective b&w stripes… just superb

Tea Time
by Mieke Boynton

linaji linaji 6630 posts

Oh and one more very important element I am enjoying about you Mieke, your poetry. Tells me something about your shy self, well not so shy anymore, you are a powerhouse. You have to be to write like this. Touching, telling and from the deep parts of heARt:

Scavenger

I am a seeker,
a searcher,
a scavenger.

There is an empty place inside
that makes me restless.
It makes me hungry.
It beats hollowly,
aching to be filled.

The throbbing hole
where my heart was.

I try to fill it,
to stuff it full
with pieces stolen
from the hearts of others.

I hunt.
I steal.
I take what I can get:
echoes of memories,
reminders of the one
who made me complete.

A look,
a smile,
a kiss…
regardless of the consequences.

Anything hurts less
than the raw, bleeding emptiness
that haunts me
when I wake,
when I sleep,
in my dreams.

Possessing me.
Controlling me.
Becoming me.

and one image I think goes with this verse:

The Derby Jetty at Sunset
by Mieke Boynton

That is you…yes? teehehehe xxx

Oh no!! You found the ONLY picture of me and put it here!?!?! I couldn’t get anyone else to pose for long enough… they kept wandering off and leaving my photo looking like ghosts were in it!!

I’m so glad you enjoy my poetry. I haven’t written anything for ages… but I guess I’m funnelling all my creative energy into photography, so I guess there’s not a lot left over!

I will join Art in Math… I just can never see the “Maths” (that’s what we say over here!) in Art… you’ll have to suggest which ones to add :)

@ Maxy… I’m going back there NEXT WEEK!!! So so so so so very excited! Hopefully I manage to achieve a few more shots like this! :) Thank you for coming back!

Hopetoun Falls (The Otways, VIC)
by Mieke Boynton

Mieke, just had to come over and look at your gallery again it is so lovely and I though this waterfall was so beautiful as is the rest of your lovely images Bravo!!!
Sherri:):)

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36944 posts

HOST HULLABALOO WEB RING IS HERE!

Maxy and Elizabeth have led us off. Now it’s your turn to join in!

YOUR Customized Journal is here: http://solo-exhibition.com/tools/webrings/hullabaloo/

Simply ADD WORK, create a Journal, copy and paste the code from the above link, and save.

Do NOT change your title once you save, as that creates a lot of work for me and temporarily alters the path of the ring. Thanks!

Let’s have some fun and wake everybody up!