Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Mieke Boynton Gallery

Mieke Boynton Mieke Boynton 2542 posts

Just thought I might add a few of my lesser-known (and more abstract/experimental) works… I enjoy trying new things!

Boab Silhouette Series…
by Mieke Boynton
It’s all in the Detail
by Mieke Boynton
Bubbles #5
by Mieke Boynton
Take off
by Mieke Boynton
Fire and Water
by Mieke Boynton
StormWatcher
by Mieke Boynton
Alpine Light
by Mieke Boynton
Kingswoo
by Mieke Boynton
Silhouette
by Mieke Boynton
Brilliance
by Mieke Boynton
Set Free
by Mieke Boynton
At the End of the Rainbow
by Mieke Boynton
The Path Unknown
by Mieke Boynton
Coastal Dawn
by Mieke Boynton
Fill ’er up!
by Mieke Boynton
The Red Umbrella
by Mieke Boynton
The Old Ford Falcon
by Mieke Boynton
Old Arts
by Mieke Boynton
Olinda Rainforest
by Mieke Boynton
Hopetoun Falls from Above
by Mieke Boynton
Gentle Giants
by Mieke Boynton
Mist and Snow
by Mieke Boynton
Stormy Skies (Broome, WA)
by Mieke Boynton
Ablaze (Derby, WA)
by Mieke Boynton
Stairway to the past
by Mieke Boynton
Amsterdam Winter
by Mieke Boynton
For Love
by Mieke Boynton
Bicycles on the Bridge
by Mieke Boynton
Moonlit Melbourne
by Mieke Boynton
Forgotten
by Mieke Boynton
maxy maxy 17350 posts

These are awesome!!! Yes and very beautiful!

I’m so glad you like them, Maxy! Thank you!

Fiery-Fire Fiery-Fire 3793 posts

I’m popping in for few more peeks lol
Ouuu, you posted more goodies from the gallery, and I think I missed some of my faves :))
That can be easily fixed !!! ;)

Mist and Snow
by Mieke Boynton

Set Free
by Mieke Boynton

I love reflections, they change the mood of the picture in very flowing way – water can create the most mesmerizing abstracts just by gentle wavy distortions of surroundings !!!

Thanks, Iwona! I love your enthusiasm :) :) :) There are some incredible water abstracts on RB… The way that water and light interact can often be like watching a complex and subtle dance… irresistable and mesmerising!

Bob Culshaw Bob Culshaw 1865 posts

Super additions Mieke – love this shot – quintessential Amsterdam!

Bicycles on the Bridge
by Mieke Boynton

maxy maxy 17350 posts

I also love this one:

Take a Bough (Derby, WA)
by Mieke Boynton

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36889 posts

Congratulations, your work in Solo’s
Host Hullabaloo exhibition
has been featured.

March 3, 2011

for Dancer

@ Bob ~ I had the most incredible time in Amsterdam during the Winter of 2009. The light was incredible! I actually made a calendar purely from the photos I took during that visit :) Thanks for popping in again!!!

@ Maxy ~ I am so fortunate to live within a 10min walk from this awesome tree. I don’t think I’ll ever grow tired of visiting it! I’m really glad you like this image of it :) Thanks for popping in!!

@ Frannie ~ thank you VERY much! Yay! I am thrilled to be a part of this year’s Host Hullabaloo Extravaganza :) :) :)

Wendi Donaldson Wendi Donaldson 729 posts

Congratulations Mieke on a fine gallery exhibit!! Such diversity!! Obviously you love using that camera. So many beautiful images. Well done.

Thanks, Wendi :)
I love your Abstract work… especially the reflections!!
… which reminds me that I haven’t included any of my abstract macro stuff! So here are just a few…

maxy maxy 17350 posts

So beautiful and so very very mystical! I could definitely lose myself there – it’s gorgeous!

If you go down to the woods today…
by Mieke Boynton

Hi Maxy! Thanks for coming back! I’m glad you like this one… I spent such a delightful morning in the Dandenongs… it’s a wonderful place for photography!

linaji linaji 6634 posts

Wow Mieke, your generous spirit in exploring others galleries feels wonderful. I’ve a moment today after updating my blog and so I came to see you dropped in, well several times! I am in awe, literally today as I see more and more the spirit I speak of when I think of you and your passion for nature. This frog has got me reeling dearest… I was just talking about frogs and did a layout last night, wow wow… so well done!

Ummm

and this too caught my eye today…

Cape Leveque Sunset, WA
by Mieke Boynton

Stunning stunning!!!
thanks for getting me here as now I will drop by a few wonderful Co-Creators galleries! xxx

Fiery-Fire Fiery-Fire 3793 posts

Mieke !!! I see you shining and dancing on the front page !!! that feels grand :)))
Congrats my belove ozzie :)))))
This is just calling for celebration and for more artworks !!

btw I love the texture shots, nature has us all mesmerized, the best designer ever ;)
but in the end the chocolate is going to win :)))

Irrisistible
by Mieke Boynton

Jenni Tanner Jenni Tanner 224 posts

Beautiful work Mieke, as always. I thoroughly enjoyed scrolling through your gallery, there are so many wonderful images and poems – all stunning. I can’t decide which is my favourite – each time I think “this is it”, I move on to another image and change my mind!
PS thanks for the link to my gallery too =D

©Janis Zroback ©Janis Zroback 7290 posts

What marvellous work you do Mieke….“Flow” is absolutely fascinating…it reminds me so much of the river that flowed past my home as a child…I can’t stop looking at it….

Valerie Rosen Valerie Rosen 2033 posts

My gosh, Mieke, you’re talented!!

Love this one for its stunning use of light and of course, the brilliant comp…

Yellow
by Mieke Boynton

Such poetry in line and elegance in this one…

Sunlit
by Mieke Boynton

…and I love the moody blur, here…

The Fisherman
by Mieke Boynton

Congrats on a gorgeous collection, Mieke!!
Val :-)))

Maggie Hegarty Maggie Hegarty 889 posts

This is superb!

And this is sublime!

Congratulations on the whole collection.

@ Lina ~ I’m so glad you like my froggies! They do make me laugh :) :) :)
And I’m so glad you like “Cape Leveque Sunset”… I took that with a little Kodak Easyshare in 2008, and it was one of the earliest photos I took that I really liked and started to think maybe I might have a bit of a ‘thing’ for photography… So it’s a special one for me!

@ Iwona… ha ha ha! Trust you to go for the chocolate!!!!! I haven’t had chocolate since Christmas… It might be time to splurge a little though. My favourite chocolate is dark chocolate with orange or peppermint flavouring… YUM!!! :) :) :)

@ Jenni ~ HI!!!!!!!!! Thank you for having a look! And for leaving a comment :) I had so much fun with you in January. It was wonderful to see you again. I hope we can catch up again later this year, but at the moment it looks like I won’t be back in Melb until 2012.

@ Janis ~ thank you! “Flow” is by far one of my most favourited photos… I only took that one shot, and then as I was fiddling with my camera to change the settings, the mist evaporated entirely and it was completely ordinary again! That’s what makes it special to me :)

@ Val ~ what a compliment! Thank you!!!
You and Maggie have picked three of my favourites!!! I’m glad you like them too…

@ Maggie ~ thank you for coming to visit, and for leaving such flattering comments!!

I don’t want to bore anyone with large versions of all of the above, but perhaps I can share my one-and-only attempt at DM collage using layers and layers and layers of my own photography… It took me absolutely ages (and gave me a new appreciation for those who work with this genre of digital work) but I was pretty happy with the result…

StormWatcher
by Mieke Boynton

The main image is a photo I took of the beautiful Fleur Fleming. I actually created it for Mission Monday to collaborate with Sybille Sterk ~ Inspired by her image Storm, I created “StormWatcher” and then together the two works became “The Eye of the Storm”

Tammera Tammera 1326 posts

CONGRATULATIONS MIEKE…GREAT GALLERY
I HAVE ENJOYED MYSELF VERY MUCH…

ANOTHER FAVE

FANTASTIC MOOD..:)

OOPS …SORRY FOR DUPLICATION…LETS TRY AGAIN..