Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Mieke Boynton Gallery

Mieke Boynton Mieke Boynton 2504 posts

Thank you very much, Lucinda. I was lucky with Dancer ~ I had a beautiful model to work with!!!

Thanks, Webbie! I look forward to seeing your gallery too!

Fiery-Fire Fiery-Fire 3793 posts

You know – I have no idea where to begin and where to end in your gallery Mieke ;) lol
Everytime I visit I get lost – in good way, it feels like travelling the distance & seeing all those places :))))
I’m really hooked on showing movement in photography- something what’s if not done right can be really really bad – but I love your translation as here

Dancer
by Mieke Boynton

and I’m a big fan of nature – those little visitors you got really stole my heart :)))
they sweet & I bet they can make music tooo LOL

Hi there!
by Mieke Boynton

Leslie Gustafson Leslie Gustafson 793 posts

Wow Oh Wow Mieke!! I am sooo glad I stopped by. Your photographs are exquisite! and I am stunned by your beautiful, heartfelt and real writings!!. What a talent you have for both! I really enjoy the subject matter you shoot – your nature scenes are breathtaking and I can see why you giggle at these little frogs – cute!!

What a treat to come visit. I will have to put you on my watchlist as your words are very enriching to read:-)

@Iwona – you know what? You spend so much time immersed in art (choosing layouts for the homepage) that I’m really quite lost for words with your compliments! Thank you!

Yes – they make very loud music (toilet bowls seem to have great acoustics!!!)

Thank you so much, Leslie! I really appreciate your comment here, and that you took the time to go to the individual photos!

For me, the making of the photo is only half of its journey… it’s when another can ‘see’ and ‘feel’ what I did that I consider the photo a success :) :) :) I’m so glad you enjoyed them!

Niki Hilsabeck Niki Hilsabeck 311 posts

Your work is exquisite! I love the way you emphasize composition, and each piece makes a powerful statement! Your writing is beautiful too, I especially like Hope.

You are so talented!

Niki, thank you for looking through my gallery, and for your very generous compliments!

“Hope” is a rather personal poem… but I’m really glad it resonates with you too :)

@Mieke ;))) Hahahahahaa…I spend tons of time with art – even at work I have the
art websites open and running, so can take a 2min break from what I’m doing ;)))
Art inspires as it should, and I’m so use to having it around since I was a child,
it’s a very natural way for me to live :))) the only difference is I exchanged
the paint brushes for computer (cheaper & less messy lol)

My family wasn’t really ‘into’ Art when I was growing up, and although they were happy for me to go in colouring comps or the local Art Shows, there was always the inference that Art was a luxury; not a necessity.

I’m so glad I have finally found a ‘back door’ into the Art world… my life is completely enriched because of it! I have recently moved to a new house and have a dedicated Art Room now, complete with easel and craft table, so that I can paint and draw and make cards to my hearts’ content. Now I just have to find the time to do it!

Here are a few of my Artworks (not on RB)…

“Figure Study”: Pastel on paper

“Fauves Study”: Acrylic on canvas

“Crumpled Paper”: Charcoal and pastel on paper

“Faces”: Acrylic on gessoed paper

“Girl”: Pencil on paper

@Mieke – girl, those are really good you should keep going & yes you right the different medias are amazing to work with ….plus the hands on approach is so very different.
You have very good lineworks they smooth & they flow, the simpler and cleaner the contours the better, as I have been told by the art teacher ;)
The crumpled paper is so nicely done I could almost think it’s the photograph – that is awesome Mieke (and it’s b&w with a lot of shadows, that is sooo like your photography with great graphic quality). You got it in you – having artroom is awesome isn’t it LOL :))))
Faces is great – I bet if Colleen or Linaji will see this, you going to be told to post it here on RB, that is excellent collage piece and it looks finished and complete !!!
You should post some here, honestly

Thanks, Iwona.
I dunno about posting them… maybe if I start doing some more artwork and feel as though I have developed a ‘style’ of Art I will, but for now, I really want to concentrate on photography. It’s much more immediate!

Bob Culshaw Bob Culshaw 1863 posts

Mieke, I love everything about this image. A wonderful perspective and the way in which you have the trees scaling in perspective is just superb. Capturing the magnificent cloud to enhance the first, and most significant, tree is just superb. You don’t need a photography course girl!!

A Vision Splendid (Derby, WA)
by Mieke Boynton

(giggling) Thanks, Bob!!!

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6144 posts

Just as I found my “image of the day from you” selection, I saw “Dancer” again… ah well…

My original selection as jumping out at me just now is this one…

All the Colours of the Rainbow (Hancock Gorge)
by Mieke Boynton

OK, I just followed a link to your Bubblesite and saw this… thought it deserved a mention :-)

Marlgu Billabong
by Mieke Boynton

Thank you, Ellis!!

“All the Colours of the Rainbow” was taken in Hancock Gorge at Karijini National Park, Western Australia: a place inland, miles from any town, and known for a long time (like many incredible geological formations in Australia) only by the local Aboriginal peoples, who consider this pool to be a very sacred place. Scientists have estimated the rock here to be around 2,000 million years old. When I was there, I was very fortunate to spend about 15 minutes alone before another group entered the area… It was a moving and humbling experience. Places like this have power: you can just feel it!!!

“Marlgu Billabong” is located near Wyndham, Western Australia, where I lived for a year in 2008. People come from all over the world to view and photograph the birdlife here at this Bird Sanctuary… but as I didn’t yet own a telephoto lens, I used to visit there to enjoy the atmosphere and the experience rather than to take photos :)

I’m glad you like them, Ellis!!

Bird sanctuary?! BIRD SANCTUARY?!?!? I’m there! ☺☺☺ Well…. when I can get to Australia. And erm learn to drive to get there. Or meet up with Bubblers with cars ;-)

linaji linaji 6633 posts

Wow I’ve just spent some incredible time with your gallery and I must say you are one incredible feeling photographer. Your ability to see form and design within nature is such a fresh way of ‘seeing’ life around for me. That is why I have the group Art in Math which I hope you join as it is not about really obvious art like fractals and even abstract art but the fractals/abstracts with in nature and our every day life.
This sand shot captivates my attention every time and I wish to see it on HP someday, it is amazing!

Sand Forest (Broome, WA).
by Mieke Boynton

Your constant ventures out into the wildlife of Australia is a blessing for everyone everywhere who may want to whet their imagination for a visit to your fine country.
And talk about sweet support? You give so much to us here at RB, I am honored to have you in my circle of friends.
xox

Right back at you, Lina!!! I feel the same way about you :) Mwah!

I’m glad you like those sand trees… I still consider myself infinitely fortunate to have seen that formation! Thanks for all your thoughtful words. (I still want to know more about “Coastal Mantra Series… Leadership in Light”!!!!)

@ Ellis – ha ha ha!

You will DEFINITELY need a driver’s licence if you come here! Unless, of course, you’re happy to share your experience with a bus-load of people… Lots of people go on bus-trips to the Kimberley. And the Kimberley is home to the very rare Gouldian Finch which I’m sure you would just love to see!!!

maxy maxy 17350 posts

Sand Forest (Broome, WA) is amazing!!! Love also the very very glassy waters of Marlgu Billabong! Absolutely gorgeous!

maria paterson maria paterson 1388 posts

Mieke,your work just blows me away, i love your environment shots, you must of been to some awe inspiring places, beatiful inspiring gallery

@ Maxy ~ thank you very much!

@ Maria ~ I have been very fortunate in my travels… I haven’t been to many places purely for the sake of travel, but my work and sporting life have taken me everywhere! I always make the most of the opportunities I get (in terms of getting out there with my camera). But yes, I’m very, very lucky!!!