Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

ArtLacoque - Language of Hands

ArtLacoque ArtLacoque 909 posts

Welcome to my SoMBA Gallery LANGUAGE OF HANDS
Images posted were selected from the art gallery of Solo Exhibition in November, 2010.
My SoMBA Gallery features art that I LOVE!!

I hope you will follow the image and title links and see these artworks up close and personal.
In each month’s SoMBA Gallery I am excited to be able to include 2-4 works from my own art.
Enjoy my gallery and browsing the wonderful works I selected for you.

THANK YOU FOR VISITING My SoMBA Gallery

curator links:
my banners
policies for curators
rb url2image converter (easy button)

visitor links:
SoMBA Galleries – Welcome Center
How to create your own SoMBA Gallery

SoMBA Gallery Ring – the main ring, includes all galleries

Time to Fly
by F.A. Moore

My November SoMBA has the title LANGUAGE OF HANDS and I want to bring art together that uses this language.

F.A.Moore, founder of the SoMBA idea, starts here with TIME TO FLY.
A digital artwork that has so much to discover and feel – I just concentrate on the language of the hands and find in this incredible piece the opening of all dimensions by the hands that function here as the hands of a clock. They open the dimension ot time and room and this is where our souls play their learning game…..
where again they will need the hands and their language more than anything else.

Please follow me to the next artwork and keep F.A.Moore’s opened space of time and room in mind.

Witness (Heartland)
by Patricia Ariel

We stand infront of Patricia Ariel’s traditional artwork Witness (Heartland).Enjoy the beauty of her colours and forms and have in mind the immense open space of room and time that F.A. Moore’s TIME TO FLY gave us into our hearts.
In this room and time given to us we create our reality with the choices we do every day, our life through. Our hands work out what our hearts want us to do.
Beauty brings itself into being.
Look again and know that hands can’t lie, their language is one of truth and show what is.

H-K210
by hsien-ku

A poet’s truth in this gallery is a highlight that I cannot resist .
Look into the beauty of Hsien-Ku’s photograph H-K210 and verses and let them be the companion on our way through the gallery of the Language of Hands.

" this is the only love where all

other loves have lost their meaning
beyond the theatre of marionettes
here in the space between names a
stone falls to lie among tall grasses
on the skin of the breathing earth
in stillness lulled by speaking winds
I Am an eye, a nerve and all creation
sleeps in the cradle of my bones "

hsien-ku

i will warm you again…
by frederic levy-hadida

Frederic Levy-Hadida’s I WILL WARM YOU AGAIN is the next artwork where I want you to use your heart and eyes to look.
With space and time, wisdom and pureness and clarity we stand now infront of the forth gallerywork and search what it will add in our experimental gallerywalk.

There is so much to enjoy and discover again, look at that red and start smiling and feel warm already. Our title is about the hands that are never divided from the whole……except here, where the blue hand is cut of the person’s (selfportrait!) body.
In a cross-over action the other hand touches a round net that evoked in me with the first regard the word solarplexus.
The solarplexus chakra is responsible for life energy and sensibilty.Touching it and giving energy to it wakes up and gives back lost strength of this area.
I WILL WARM YOU AGAIN is what I see, I need the hand to reach out for it , here is a heart and a hand with deep emotional sensitivity.

Reach
by Bonnie coad

We are in front of the fifth artwork in the LANGUAGE OF HANDS gallery and it is Bonnie Coad’s fine art work REACH.
For the first time we have two persons on the canvas, before there was one person or just a hand to be seen. We go into relation !
REACH !!!
How do we reach the other, how do we bring our hearts to the point where they swing together?
We have to reach out our hands to build the contact, the connection, the closeness.
We have a tool and Bonnie Coad shows this tool so perfect clear in her wonderful artwork where so much is not clear, two people, yes, do they look at each other, I’d say no, they have so different colors on theirs shoulder, different stories and pain . The tool to bring the bodies that envision different rooms together is the hand that comes out so clear and fine on the left side of the artwork.
REACH.

Fragments of longing – from Whispers series
by dorina costras

Dorina Costras paints the hands of the three persons in her artwork in detailed beauty. Almost a celebration of the beauty of our communication tool, the hand.
Exspecially the hands of the person on the down left side make me think of
mudras, these symbols, seals, gestures and mystical positions of the hands, that are taught to dancers in India and belong to the journey of widening and deepening the consciousness.
FRAGMENTS OF LONGING is the title and the eyes speak of longing as the language of hands does as well.

Birds of a Feather
by mdaltonart

The language of hands is an active and a passive one. As much as the hand moves out to touch , to see, to understand , to connect , to show and to describe it has its passive language or truth engraved. It is a protection that shows in its hiding something else ,its sensibility.
BIRDS OF A FEATHER
by mdaltonart is an example again for the connection of eyes and hands. The same emotion to be witnessed in here.The same beauty. A language that speaks loud in its silence.

One eye shut.
by Bonnie coad

“The hands are raised because they are the artist’s tool” is what Bonnie Coad writes in her description to the acrylic artwork ONE EYE SHUT.
I would like to add that the hands are the tool of all tools for the human being, that’s what Aristoteles left us behind. Painting is one of the soulrefreshing actions we do with our hand tools but there are many others that our soul needs to breath, like playing an instrument or working with wood or just caressing our child.

Bonnie Coad gives us the opportunity to look directly in these raised palms and see all that passive language engraved in here. Lines that not only chirologues can read but all people who have a heart and live with the values of compassion.

Two days in Paris, Part One
by Elizabeth Bravo

The beauty that the language of the hands brings to our hearts is the music and the happiness we see in this sensual dancer’s movements – look at her hands that sing a thousand notes.
Elizabeth Bravo almost paints in her photograph TWO DAYS IN PARIS, PART ONE the happiness that the language of hands tells us about, don’t you feel like dancing with her ….over there in Paris?

EASY TO LOVE
by linaji

Linaji’s photograph EASY TO LOVE points out once again the connection and similarity in the language of eyes and hands. Look into the woman’s eyes and you see all the protection, love and carefulness that her hand expresses loudly.
The language of the woman’s hand is active and so clear – can a word be as convincing as this hand? A speach we can only trust in.

Mama
by Kimberly Kirk

Kimberly Kirk shows in MAMA the same words of tenderness and protection, spoken in the same language shown in another medium, painting with watercolor and acrylic.Beautiful how she adds the curtain of hair as another form of protection to the hands.

Amor eterno
by delabarra

Listen to that lighthearted joyfulness that these hands sing.
Delabarra added a pair of nice gloves to pull the interest to these talking hands.
Can you imagine a fresher room, a more joyful game, a happier song than this, sung by the gloved hands?