25% off mugs, totes, and spiral notebooks. Use STRETCHFOR25

Solo Exhibition (closed for hiatus)

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Julia K Harwood - Healing Through Nature

Julia Harwood Julia Harwood 233 posts

Welcome to my SoMBA Gallery!
Images posted were selected from the art gallery of Solo Exhibition in November, 2010.
My SoMBA Gallery features art that I LOVE!!

I hope you will follow the image and title links and see these artworks up close and personal.
In each month’s SoMBA Gallery I am excited to be able to include 2-4 works from my own art.
Enjoy my gallery and browsing the wonderful works I selected for you.

THANK YOU FOR VISITING My SoMBA Gallery

curator links:
my banners
policies for curators
rb url2image converter (easy button)

visitor links:
SoMBA Galleries – Welcome Center
How to create your own SoMBA Gallery

SoMBA Gallery Ring – the main ring, includes all galleries

Angel watching over you
by JuliaKHarwood

This is one of my own images, I wanted to use it as an introduction to my gallery.
I beleive that nature has the ability to heal us and that we are connected to a higher power who is watching over us. This image captures the beauty of nature, the healing and cleansing power of water and an angel to watch over you….I hope you enjoy the rest of my gallery.

mysteries we understand
by michael scott

This image reminded me of how good it is just to wander through nature, immersing yourself in it. This image has beautiful light and a haunting, enchanting feel to it. Remebering the past while looking forward to the promise of tomorrow.

healing time
by navybrat

“Heal & replish our world” these are navybrat’s words and it reminds us that healing is a two way street, even as nature heals us, we must heal it. Together we can give & recieve healing and us together as people can make a difference!

Immersion
by F.A. Moore

“Immersion” the title says it all. To receive healing from nature we need to immerse ourselves totally, let go of all the stress, the worry, the sidapointments and immerse yourself in nature and dream of all that can be.
In F.A.Moore’s words Immersion = full life.
Immerse yourself today.

Into the light
by liesbeth

Into the light…what a beautiful uplifting image.
Reminds us we always have a choice, we can walk into the light or chose to do nothing and stay in the dark…be brave, take a step towards light & health and happiness.

Triumvirate
by Arla M. Ruggles

I love horses and know many others do to. This image envolks feeling of strength, stamina in hard times. They look like they have travelled through fire and yet are still strong and proud…what a great example for us. Thankyou Aria for your beautiful artwork.

Sunrise over Port Augusta
by JuliaKHarwood

This is another of my images, it is sunrise over the Flinders Ranges in South Australia. The thing I love abaout it is that it is the beginning of a day, the dawn of hope. Nature, waking us up with her beauty on full desplay for us to savour before the hustle & bussle of life crowds in. Take a moment to look into the image, lose yourself in it and see how the tension seeps out of you. Take a moment every day (every hour if you can) to immerse yourself in natures healing beauty.

Altar
by JenLand

This image is a beautiful example of getting immersed in nature. The longer you look at the image the more you see. It also reminds us of the spiritual nature both of nature and of ourselves. So often we focus on the body, going to the gym, dieting etc but forget about the spirit. We need to nuture and look after both.

THE OTHER SIDE OF PASSION
by linaji

I love the writing that accompanies this image. Linaji tells us of her journey and how her art has developed. For me I have found that healing too is a journey that developes as we go along. Because we change and life changes, we need this continual journey so that we can grow and learn as we travel the road to health and happiness.

A Rugged Beauty
by Mieke Boynton

“A Rugged beauty”
Often we have a veiw of beauty of that which is soft and feminine, but often beauty is a rugged beauty, a beauty that speaks of strength and durability. Stability and standing the test of time, beside us as we walk life’s path.

Bluebells in the forest
by Peter Ellison

A springtime image of nature in full bloom…if God clothes the flowers in such beauty, how much more does he care for us. When I see the peace in this scene it makes me realise that we can have this as part of our daily life if we take the time to breathe it in.

Winters warmth – Hobart tasmania
by lee henley

“Winter Warmth” What fantastic beauty. Warmth even in the midst of winter. Even when the hard times hit us and we are in the winter of our life there is beauty even in the dark times.