Delivery by Dec 24 has ended: Get 10% off instantly emailed gift certificates with code NOT2LATE

Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

F. A. Moore - Dreams in Contemporary Art

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36397 posts

Welcome to my SoMBA Gallery!
Images posted here are all selected from the art gallery of Solo Exhibition.
My SoMBA Gallery features art that I LOVE!!

I hope you will follow the image and title links and see these artworks up close and personal.
In each month’s SoMBA Gallery I am excited to be able to include 2-4 works from my own art.
Enjoy my gallery and browsing the wonderful works I selected for you.

THANK YOU FOR VISITING My SoMBA Gallery

curator links:
my banners
policies for curators
rb url2image converter (easy button)

visitor links:
SoMBA Galleries – Welcome Center
How to create your own SoMBA Gallery

SoMBA Gallery Ring – the main ring, includes all galleries

Dream On
by Keith Reesor

Keith Reesor’s Dream On, named after the Aerosmith song, surrounds the dreamer in a
molecular bath— red with life, foaming and lacy with wonder and romance,
against a dark background of deep inner space.

A perfect, mathematically-generated curve caresses the dreamer in contrasting ethereal light.
We are confronted with the possibility of a dream life, within, encompassing the dreamer, without.
This inside-out perspective is created by the close proximity of the molecular fractal encircling a
head floating within the dream material, apparently in state of peaceful sleep and reverie.

Consider the words to the song: “Dream on, dream on. Dream yourself a dream come true.”
Reesor wants us to watch the dream affecting life. The digital artist, expertly superimposing
and blending various digital media— including fractals, 3D, and photography, thus succeeds in
sending a subliminal message that dreams create reality, too.

—F. A. Moore

Sleepless
by Mario Sánchez Nevado

“We sleep, sleep in sanity, and so we think we are safe… safe in a beautiful world.”
— Mario Sánchez Nevado

Mario designs a stage for our dream state. In it, he adds elements of beauty— rococo lamps,
snails, and birds, and a lovely pool of water, in which we might sleep. But a closer look reveals
dangers lurking there, specifically spider webs and fish hooks.

He illustrates what he purports life to be— an illusion, a mental process, a mental
state of being, an hallucination. The fish hooks and spider webs await to snatch us
out of that dream state called “sanity”, into another, disillusioning one.

What interesting thoughts, Mario.

Mario Sánchez Nevado is an expert digital artist, whose artworks deserve a very close-up look.
His work has been widely published in a variety of trade magazines for digital artists, and has
seen international press.

—F. A. Moore

Loose pearls – Working on a dream
by dorina costras

It’s no secret that Dorina Costras is one of my favorite artists. I do believe that her
“Loose pearls – Working on a dream” shows Dorina’s skills at their finest.

Technically speaking, her transparent fabrics, floating around the subject, are beautiful and
realistic. The graceful hands, especially the one that grasps a single pearl, may be Dorina’s
finest. Her subject’s skin and delicate facial features seem perfectly shaded and sculpted.

But there is more than technical to admire in this piece. Dorina’s palette of turquoise and purple is
itself romantic and dreamy. We imagine the femininity of the subject, and how she perhaps
dreams of pearls of opportunity.

The opportunity to live her dreams, to love, to thrive, is wrapped up in each single pearl.
Each one she loses, is an opportunity lost; but in “Loose pearls…” Dorina makes sure
that she has an endless supply.

—F. A. Moore

Dream On
by Manolya F.

Have you ever gotten lost in the pages of a book? Apparently Manolya has.

Her “Dream On” presents a story within a story. We are totally engrossed in the scene of
a girl reading and imagining herself in a field of daisies, with a tall ship making its way to a
nearby shore.

Words in a book can become our lifeline of the moment, or inspiration for years to
come— a fantasy in which to lose ourselves, or the creative spark for our next project.

Manolya’s digital artwork is a fine example of digital montage, and is a memorable piece.

—F. A. Moore

DREAM
by navybrat

“Dream” by Jotham Kit Guintos is an exemplary fantasy from the digital palette of an
extremely skilled creative artist.

Jotham’s pink and yellow color scheme is more fanciful than it is feminine. The artist
illustrates a pink feathered “phoenix” dreaming, perhaps of flight, but probably of LOVE.
He blurs the line between fantasy and reality.

In a fully conscious state, we might not believe in the Phoenix. But Guintos pulls us into
a waking dream to watch an icon sleep; and thus wraps us in a sweet dream between a dream.

—F. A. Moore

My Angel / Series 03
by Mariska

Maria Szollosi’s “My Angel / Series”, is an elegant and visually beautiful tribute to her daughter
who died in her teens.

For the face, Maria used her own oil painting of her daughter. The remainder was digitally
painted in an oil painting style, with Gustav Klimt-like mosaics decorating the work.

A considered look at My Angel / Series might give the viewer pause to think about the
sometimes brevity of life on earth – our own and those dear to us.

—F. A. Moore

Death may be the ultimate dream.

Mariska uses part of this quote from me, in the leading description of her series. I wrote it to
honor her work, “My Angel / Series 02”, when it won a 3rd place in Digital Arts in SoJie 3 .

The Dream
by Andy Gibb

Andy Gibb’s “The Dream” feels so real. He is the photographer and the dreamer and
the dream-maker.

Although the photographer give us not one hint at any magical post-process, you are
aware that there must be. Yet, the desire to know slips away, as you watch the boat,
imagine it rocking gently in the green sea, under a cloud-laden dreamsicle sunset.

How delightful to have a peaceful moment alone in a tranquil sea of a beautiful life
we create for ourselves.

—F. A. Moore

Dream flight… light body… lavender and cinnamon
by F.A. Moore

“Thoughts, just objects
Puzzles, unpuzzled
Joy, unbound
Mind, unwound
Worries, unfound

Sleep, dream
Never when flying."

Part of the sequence of words that describe dream flight to me. I used to fly in my dreams.
It was my only recurring dream, although each flight was different. I still remember some of
the places. They were very vivid. And when I landed, I landed standing up, hovering over
my bed. Well, that was the scary part. But I would love to take flight in my dreams again.

I wonder why children dream of flying, but dreams of flight mostly stop, when we grow up.
What shuts “off” that perhaps should stay “on”?

My “Dream flight… light body… lavender and cinnamon” attempts to capture such a
dream, flying over repetitive landscape. The landscape of the image is all taken from the
same photograph of a field of wildflowers. But it is colored, sized, and shifted in each quadrant,
such that it represents a replay of the scene, much as our dreams replay many times, with
only slight variations.

The landscape in the circle is an abstract I created using reversed polar coordinates.
It has always reminded me of a bird in flight over the desert, and so it seemed appropriate
to integrate into this work. The subject is me, from an old modeling portfolio, digitized.

This is a very personal work, close to my dreams. I write about it more, only because I
know more about it. Otherwise, these last three paragraphs would have been nixed.

—F.A. Moore

My Dream..
by nishagandhi

Native American, Chippewa’s crafted Dream Catchers from a rounded willow and sinew strung
through the center of the hoop like a spider’s web. They hung beads, feathers, and personal
charms on it.

The Dream Catcher hung over the bed of a child to ward off evil, catching bad dreams in the
webbing, like a spider catches its prey. Only good dreams could pass through the dream catcher,
and slide down the feathers to the sleeping child.

Nisha Gandhi has taken a modern Dream Catcher and digitally dropped it in beautiful, deep blue
water, a color symbolic of the spirit. It has cast a ripple effect that she created with the liquify
tool in Photoshop. In this way, Nisha seems to be spreading out her good dreams to the world
around her.

They travel down the feathers to the outlying circles. And, thus, the energy of her good dreams
moves constantly outward, to distant shores, to unknown tribes, to persons who may never
know the name, “Nisha Gandhi”, but will forever be the beneficiary of her dreams.

Isn’t ART just that way?

—F. A. Moore

Summer dream
by Veikko Suikkanen

Veikko Suikkanen must have the most magical, gorgeous deck in all of Southern Finland,
where he lives. I have seen fruit and flowers and beautiful water and mountains from his
deck, through his artistic blend of photography and digital collage.

“Summer dream” has me smelling lilacs in the air, and seeing dragonflies buzzing
the marsh grasses.
Even the fog rolling across the water, this morning, doesn’t bother me.
Instead it brings the sweet scent even closer, closer… and I wonder if I am alone?
I don’t believe so. But Veikko’s dream has a fast hold on my sense of beauty.

—F. A. Moore

Dream
by Elena Kolotusha

Elena Kolotusha’s photo-realistic painting of a sleeping cat’s face, speaks highly
of her skill as a painter. We simply want to touch the wonderful orange-pink nose with its
nubby sensory receptors, and pet the sweet swirls of hair surrounding it. But the fear of
waking the little darling prevents us from putting a hand out to her oil canvas.

Anyone who has loved a pet has smiled seeing them dream. Dogs run in their sleep.
Cats mew at some person or animal sharing their dream. Certainly, they visualize,
too, perhaps replaying their day, or, like us, dreaming of what could be.

The cat’s eyes are closed tight, to keep out any light, in order to sleep soundly, wherein
dreams never wake him. And we allow him his cat nap, perhaps wishing for one, too.

—F. A. Moore

One Gardener’s Dream
by F.A. Moore

My multi-media, digital composition, “One Gardener’s Dream” is made up of personal items,
including an old B&W photo of me, my garden gloves– scanned, a pencil and watercolor
study for an oil painting of my sister’s garden (which I designed and landscape), plus various
drawings done in an online HTML5 drawing application.

A close up look shows scrawly notes on the paper; and I left them. I thought they were
personal– a reminder of the small imposition of a broken wrist and shoulder, at the time that
I drew the study and painted the canvas of my sister’s garden.

“One Gardener’s Dream” started with a “seed” work, which you see as the small rectangular
“stationary” at the base of the elliptical “dream” scene. That digital work, including the garden
gloves at its edge, was manipulated to the large ellipse, whereby everything is stretch out.

I was “lucky”, or had a happy accident, when a stone wall blended looked like rain.
And what gardener doesn’t want rain, after everything is planted. It’s fitting that the “rain”
happened at the last.

In the dream, I suppose one probably designs it, and then it gets planted and appears
overnight, with all of the neighbors in awe!

—F.A. Moore

Cellist dream
by flovie

Alejandro Flores-Oviedo’s organic forms on a flat picture plane swirl in a lyrical blue and
orange milky way. Flores-Oviedo’s female subjects, especially, can be seen bending and
swaying to the music that runs through his work.

Passion and dreams and music and instruments that make it are choreographed by
Alejandro Flores Oviedo in a ballet, called Cellist dream

—F. A. Moore