Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

ALT-ART Expo - 2010

izzybeth izzybeth 349 posts

Blue Rose
by izzybeth

Glass mosaic

It really looks beautiful against the window.

Aleonart Aleonart 3 posts

-
“The Earth” and “The Heaven”
by Aleonart
-

dress design and photography of “The Earth” and “The Heaven”, of hand-painted chiffon

The bodice and the belt of “The Earth” dress is also made of textured brocade while the skirt is made of light Lyons chiffon painted by hand. The long tippet on the model’s shoulders is covered with little golden stars. It was really difficult to find a proper model for this dress because all the girls looked too pretentious in it. But the moment dark-skinned Marina, a parishioner of our church, put it on, did we have a clear vision – the image of the fertile and beautiful planet – the Earth.

Aleonart Aleonart 3 posts

-
“The Garden of Eden”
by Aleonart
-

dress design and photography of ‘The Garden of Eden’, of hand-painted and draped chiffon

When we showed the sketches of the dresses to the owner of a silk factory in Lyons, that elderly gentleman smiled slyly and mysteriously: “I seem to have something special for you!” He produced samples from his new silk collection. Those were the most delicate chiffons painted by hand, skillfully connecting up to eight colors so light that when they were thrown in the air, and they hover for an instant and then slowly soar down. Those fabrics seemed to have been made right for my sketches. The most surprising was the fact that the owner of the factory agreed to sell us the fabrics even though he had prepared them for an exhibition in Paris. He seemed to be rejoicing together with us that he had created the fabrics according to God’s order.

This dress made of Lyons chiffon with the most complex manual drapery and a big round train, decorated with light- blue roses, represents a marvelous nature of the Garden of Eden yet undefiled by human sin.

helene ruiz helene ruiz 2742 posts

Painted cap
by helene ruiz

Painted hat – wearable art

The young man downstairs on the 2nd floor asked it i could paint his cap, so i did.

These boots were made for walkin’…Just takin footsteps in my art
by helene ruiz

Painted boots – wearable art

My boots…..painted and decorated these.

My boots…
by helene ruiz

Painted boots – wearable art

another pair of boots i painted

Musiq’s Sneakers
by helene ruiz

Painted sneakers – wearable art

The young man upstairs from us performed a song at the “rhythm and color” exhibit and asked if i would paint his sneakers for him to wear that day..lol..i did.

painted my table and chairs…..
by helene ruiz

Painted furniture

This table and chair set was my grandmothers, she had bought it in the 1940’s from what i understand, it was passed down to me, had lots of wear and tear, i decided to sand and paint it….finished the chairs with some fabric a friend brought back from morocco which was the influence in my color choices.

When the Music Stopped
by helene ruiz

Painting on trashed and cleaned up wood

This piece of wood was in the trash from a broken end table or coffee table…i picked it up, cleaned it sanded and primed it…and it made a perfect surface for this painting dedicated to my brother johnny who has passed away.

Reorganization
by helene ruiz

Painting on trashed and cleaned up wood

This painting is done on a large piece of wood i found in the trash by a bldg being renovated in the bronx.

catherine walker catherine walker 146 posts

painted tile
by catherine walker

Hand made, painted, and glazed tile

Here’s another of ours..just a painted tile but I like the colours
bob made and fired the tile while I painted it with U/glazes.

Pottery plate glazed and fired
by catherine walker

Hand made, painted, and glazed pottery plate

A cermaic plate made by robert walker, underglaze/ painted by me catherine walker.. I like this one!

Altar
by catherine walker

Hand painted furniture

we found an old cupboard at a market one day ..it was painted in thick red paint and it took ages to strip it all back.. what was underneath was a lovely peice of furniture ..I decided to paint it and make it my personal altar and I’ve become very attached to it now but over the year it has faded and needs some revamping ..I was very happy with it. some people have wanted to buy it..but this one I cannot seem to part with .The angels are meant to be gabriel and micheal…though the faces were much better before I changed them, I might change them again i think!

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36332 posts

Untitled
by F.A. Moore

Block print on satin brocade. Linoleum block designed and cut by the artist. Fabric inks were hand mixed progressively, as the piece was being hand printed.

This piece traveled to 100 U.S. Museums on tour. The theme of the hand-cut fish shaped tile was underground life (people living underground). The waves undulate in a sine curve, while the color undulates top to bottom. I’ve hung this in many different ways, in each home or apartment in which I’ve lived. It started a U.S. tour while I was still in college.

Colonial period shell cabinet – trompe l’oeil
by F.A. Moore

Trompe l’oeil painting on back (kitchen) door
House paint and oil paints
Feb. 1994

I decorated my home with paint, as all of the money I had, had just gone into the downpayment.
Downtown Houston condo in a building on the National Trust’s Register of Historic Places.

All of the items in the shell “cabinet” were pieces I owned, from the Lenox Autumn plate, to the “Paris” Baccarat crystal (both, my patterns), to a Wedgewood cobalt blue cream pitcher, and Wedgewood wine cooler and ashtray, Swiss bell, etc. So I was able to paint them, while viewing them. The cabinet, itself, was inspired from a photo in, I believe, in Southern Living Magazine of an antique shell cabinet in a period home (or maybe from Architectural Digest, to which I also subscribed).

This door led out to the back freight elevator landing, a storage closet and where the trash was set out to be picked up each morning. :))

wow! FANTASTIC!

You like? Oh, that makes me happy! I miss my downtown place, I really do.

gorgeous work! i love those!

@Lynda Harris, Your huge mural is beautiful!!! How fantastic that the kids helped out too! You must be so proud that this is going to the Tiger sanctuary. Tigers are endangered, I guess, everywhere.

@SueEllen Cook, What a gorgeous Diary Cover. At first, I thought I liked “Day” better. But as I look at night and the beautifully lit window, gosh, I love that side too. That’s a keeper!

Wow, @Sibel, your vest is beautiful. I love the motif you painted. And I see the beautiful wave design sewn in the gorgeous blue lining. I bet this looks fabulous on!

@Woodie: Neil these are terrific pieces. I love them both. It’s so good to have “Margaritte” and “Dali” in our presence! :D

@Catherine, this is a stunning display. Your dolls are such a delight. I know Janis Zroback owns one, right? And your tile walls. Oh my gosh!!! They are gorgeous. I can’t get over the beautiful colors. These walls take me away to other places.

@Richard: isn’t it great to see what else artists are doing. I think most have at one time or another, or maybe regularly make art objects – yes, Arts and Crafts.

@revad: David, your video is a wonderful experience!

[edit, David had to pull his art from RB (and here) in prep for another venue. June 4, 2010. -fam]

@Diana-Lee Saville, Well, I am quite fond of Garfield…. but the real art here is found in your ingenuity! I love that you have taken scraps and put them together for something so precious and iconic as a well.

Since Garfield is in the bucket, are we safe to assume it’s not a working well? The Lucky Horseshoe is a great touch! But my favorite parts are the forked branches holding the bar!!

About how big is this, Di? The size of a 9 year old boy? The size of big guy? The size of a toddler? Those look like pretty big rocks to me. I’m guessing it’s about 5 1/2 feet tall. Throwing a penny inside.

WHAT WONDERFUL WORKS! WOW! THIS IS A FUN AND AMAZING EXHIBIT!

@Kim McClain, fantastic mosaics!!

@Linda Ridpath, your Dutch shoes are so fun! And I love your wooden act piece with the canvas stretchers. He’s marvelous. You can really see the canvas stretcher bits, with it enlarged. Beautiful!

Hi @Helene!! I’m cleaning it up a bit for announcing it, moving all of my comments down, so the originally posted art stays together. :))