Shop

15% OFF EVERYTHING! USE CODE GET15

Shameless Self-Promotion

Getting yourself seen and sold is the aim of this group.

How do you all promote?

Kellan Reck Kellan Reck 7 posts

What does everyone do to promote their work? Have you seen these things increase your sales?

Roger Mann Roger Mann 25 posts

Nothing seems to work. :(

kalaryder kalaryder 8182 posts

Nope :)

Sally Kate Yeoman Sally Kate Yeoman 20 posts

I’m afraid I haven’t hit the bigtime yet. I have not sold any pieces directly from the site, but I have sold cards by having them printed and available to show people. For instance, I took a box of them to work one day along with an order form with thumbnails of my full range (sold lots and prompted a few orders that way). I also had a couple of friends and family members who enthusiastically played ‘agent’ for me and so I sold some cards to their friends. Promotion on my Facebook page has increased views but not sales.
I hope someone can share their secrets of success! It’s all good fun though, whether I sell or not. :)

Sarah Crosby Sarah Crosby 11 posts

I’m fairly new on RedBubble and I have noticed over the past week or so that people that seem to sell a lot of work also seem to be VERY active in groups, forums etc..
I thought maybe I’d try getting involved with groups and such but a lot of the groups I find don’t seem to be that active any more so that plan went out the window! XD

Elaine Teague Elaine Teague 1446 posts

There are a number of Groups on RB that are inactive Sarah for one reason or another, but on the other hand there are many that are very active. I’m not sure that belonging to Groups actually has any impact on sales. I did hear through RB Admin that most of RB’s sales come from people who are not RB members. After all, why would an artist spend a lot of money on other’s people’s artwork? Some do, but probably not to a great extent when they can create their own. I do buy other artist’s work in the form of cards and I have sold a few cards to other members, but the framed prints and canvas prints I’ve sold have not been to RB members as far as I can work out. I have noticed that a lack of sales seems very common, but RB must be making their money somehow. Apparently T-shirts are the biggest sellers. Also, I think members with 1,000 plus images in their profile have more success with sales than those with just a few. I also think that you really have to have a BIG creative talent for the unique and unusual and a degree in marketing to promote your work. Promotion seems to be the key element with a BIG gift for selling. These are what I haven’t got, being basically a fairly shy person who hates to ‘force’ something on someone unless they have approached me first. That’s why I’m here, but also why I don’t sell much. LOL! So I am here to learn, and learn you can from other members, and the on line community spirit is very much alive and well. It’s a great place to ‘meet’ and ‘speak’ with others who have the same interest as you.

IanByfordArt IanByfordArt 374 posts

has anyone try Scheduled tweets?
i gave it a go posting one tweet about a different t-shirt every hour from Friday night to Sunday night i did make a sale in that time (i don’t know if this was down to the tweet or not) my views when up and my twitter followers didn’t get stop following me but i think they may do if i did it every day or even every weekend

wolftinz wolftinz 723 posts

So you want to Sell…Bubble can help

Red Bubble will never make you rich, but with that said let’s explore what it can do for you.
1. Shameless Self-promotion
Get your name and work out there, join groups, submit photos and enter challenges. By example, this week I had 5 photos featured and 4 top Challenge finishes. Why is this important?, you ask, It builds statistic. More on that later in point 2. But self promotion only starts here, you have get your work out locally. Submit photos to your local paper and TV station. Find a place to exhibit your work, your local Arts Council, an Art club, your Doctor and dentist office, in your office at work, at a local library, and at your favorite Restaurant (with your Business card and a discreet price attached, after all, people have to know it’s for sale). Now you notice I did include an Art gallery, that comes later when your work is well know, sought after and your prices can stand hefty gallery commissions and the added cost professional framing on speculation that it will sell, but keep in mind that your work should always be well framed and matted regardless of where you exhibit your work. And finally, look at the other artists work on the Bubble, examine why you like someone image and learn what you can improve in yours, leave them positive feed back and build relationships, they will return the favor.
2. Statistics
You’ve completed step 1, now what? look at your statistics, here what the can tell you.
Low views can mean several things, not enough promotion or in the wrong places, a image that doesn’t present it self well as a thumbnail, it’s the same tripod holes as a hundred others or it’s a sub par image (think about deleting it if it is).
Comments generally mean your showing your work in the right places. It also makes you feel good about your work and helps you strive to improve it.
Favorites is the clincher, it means the other artists on the site find your work exceptional. This is the work you want to exhibit both here on bubble and elsewhere.
Sales is the final kicker, it means you work is at a level that other artists on the site are will to shell out their hard earned dollar to buy YOUR work.
3. Use your Red Bubble website to promote to your friends and existing and potential customers by having the web address on your business card. Oh, you do have business cards and pass them out freely, don’t you? if not return to step one above.

Have a great week and keep bubbling…
Wolf Tinz