If you love the textures, colors, lines, shapes, and geometry of stone, this is the group for you Rocks and Stones, the building blocks of our earth…they’re the earth’s oldest inhabitants, the very foundation that we stand on. This group is for rocks and stones which are the main focus of your photos or paintings. Just because theres a rock in any photo does not mean that it suits this group.
– No vistas, seascapes, wide landscape shots or vast panoramas allowed.
– Rock must be the main focus of the photo or artwork.
– No fossils, seashells or carvings, please, and no worked or shaped stone. Raw rock only.
– Paintings of rocks will be accepted as long as the rock can be easily identified.
- Shadowed, outlined, or the ‘cliff at sunset’ shot will be rejected
Too often we overlook these common materials in our everyday life. By shutting out the busy world and quietly studying these rocks, boulders, cliffs or pebbles in their natural surroundings, we can all learn to appreciate the beauty in everything that surrounds us.
CONGRATULATIONS to Garth Smith who has won our August Challenge Rock with Greens
Congrats to our two runners up, Peter Hill and