LAKES & (NOTHING MAN MADE WHATSOEVER) INLAND WATERWAYS...CLOSED Computer Crash...(NOTHING un natural allowed whatsoever, no matter HOW Tiny!) Default *Image Only* size

I will allow NOTHING MAN MADE, will be rejected immediately!!!!!!! No tiny cabins, roads, or bridges!!! Will be rejected without warning.........Lakes and Inland Waterways around the world, 2 per day - ANYTHING Un natural and Man Made will be rejected. Re

The Main Points to Consider When Submitting an Image

Georgie Hart Georgie Hart 603 posts

We have an enormous amount of talented members who continuously produce high quality images – I’m forever bowled over by the delights that await when I look through the work in the pool.

Sadly, however, there are many images submitted that do not meet the group guidelines – a great number of which are masterful works in their own right, but not suited to this group’s gallery.

To save everybody time, and hopefully cut confusion, here are the most common reasons for rejection, in no particular order:

1. The water is not the focal point – it may take up quite a large amount of the frame, however the eye is drawn to something else. Such a shot is particularly in conflict with the nature of the group if this focal point is something manmade – along the lines of a boat, boatshed or bridge. We use our discretion, of course, and if there is a tiny, distant boat in shot that works to enhance the waterway – rather than a group of bright boats that command attention, or perhaps a large steamer that dominates the shot – then it is likely the shot will be approved.
  1. The image does not showcase the body of water in its environment – abstracts of small sections of the body of water, for example, are often stunning but do not meet our guidelines.
  1. The waterway is not inland – we’re not after coastal shots.
  1. The image description does not include the name or location of the waterway – easily fixed!
  1. Several images have been submitted at once, without regard to the daily limit – which is one!

Thanks for taking the time to consider this, I appreciate that a group is nothing without its members, and we all love to see the beautiful works that are regularly submitted.

Happy shooting everyone!

Georgie