Hickory, dickory, dock. 25% off Acrylic Blocks and Clocks. Use code TIMEBLOCK25

Remodernist Painters' Group - 2/CALENDAR MONTH

Remodernism is an alternative to the established High Art hegemony, known as Post-Modernism.

Altered Art Game

Carson Collins Carson Collins 639 posts

This is probably the most frivolous post I’ve ever made at redbubble, forget about here at the RPG. But WTF, here it is:

I wanted to mention my other favorite artists’ web site (besides redbubble). It’s called foundmyself , or fM for short. I won’t make any claims about the “safety” of this (or any other) web site, but fM is a fun place with a lot of great features, and I’ve been a member since 2003. I’ve “met” some really good people and seen some first-rate art there.

If you enjoy playing around with graphics software, or making collage art, I invite you to join and play my Forum Game, Altered Art .

Come and join in the fun and frivolity!

By the way, I didn’t exactly invent this; it’s based on a “Challenge” that PiMT ran back in 2007. Some of you may even remember it.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Remodernism and thus I’m breaking a rule that I wrote myself but I don’t see why we shouldn’t have some fun around here. This game can even be quite educational insofar as playing it has motivated me to improve my skills with graphics software (I use PSP7), which has become a sort of core skill even for painters who use traditional means in the Digital Age. Having had the tremendous good fortune to be born late in 1953 I will always be a “digital immigrant” but I’m making a sincere effort to assimilate myself.

Bonnie coad Bonnie coad 56 posts

Hi Carson, thanks for posting this “frivolous” post!
Check out FM and it looks too good to be true, cheap websites and no selling charges??? Very interesting, have signed up might see you there sometime.

Amy-Elyse Neer Amy-Elyse Neer 419 posts

ha… that’s a cool game. Neat looking site too, I’ll have to check it out tomorrow.

Glad you like my game; join us and play, why don’t you? Membership at fM is free. Here’s the one I did for International Womens’ Day :

“Bad Day at the Harem” (with apologies to Jean-Léon Gérôme)

and here’s one that another player who is known as C-nick did for Mardi Gras, which, coincidentally, was the same day:

@ Amy-Elyse & Bonnie: Well, “tomorrow” was 12 days ago. Wassup? Are you a player, or not?

Altered Art Game

© Alan Minshull 2011

God DAMN it this web site is dead, dead, dead. Someone should answer this post or I’m going to stop wasting my time and shut the RPG down for good and forever.

I mean it. Sincerely!

The One-per-Calendar-Month rule is a brilliant invention of mine, designed to assure that each member of our RPG gets at least 2 days of exposure per month on the overview page. Contribute to any other redbubble group and watch your artwork disappear in a few minutes, so why bother?

Look at PiMT: they have no such rule, they’re more than ten times bigger than the RPG, and lately their forum is even more “glacial” than ours.

Thank you, David, for saving the RPG. I really was going to delete it.

@David:
Actually, I am nothing if not subversive. I may be a little more radical, and therefore more covert about my activities in that realm than you are, of necessity. I’ll leave the rest of that story to your imagination.

As a painter, yes, I am quite the traditionalist.

Where’s Waldo?

With apologies to Jackson Pollock’s Blue Poles

If Andrew Jackson Had the Neutron Bomb

With apologies to Gary Dee Wingo’s “The Hunting Party”

Here’s a related topic: Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit of Alaska

With a range of 6,000 miles and the capacity to deliver 32 2,400 lb hydrogen bombs, this machine is capable of ending human civilization and quite possibly life as we know it in one night. It could certainly destroy every major city in the world together with all of the art museums, libraries, and so on that are the sum and achievement of all of human culture since the neolithic age. But there isn’t just one of these, there are 20 of them. And, apparently, there’s nothing that can stop them.
How any sane human could actually participate in the making of such a horrible, evil thing is utterly beyond my comprehension. By the way, these things cost more than $2 billion USD each to make, which of course is paid for by taxation, so we all do participate insofar as we pay for them.

they are great in fotos flying overhead, as long as those bomb bay doors don’t open!!! ;) think these are the PERFECT solution for that annoying loud neighbor!!! ;) cheers!!!
- fototaker

This sort of utterly irrational cynicism is typical of the sort of insanity that has resulted from more than half a century of living with the threat of extinction, moment to moment. I guess there aren’t many of us left alive who even remember a time when “the Bomb” was a new thing. We’ll go on making such grim jokes and thinking that we’re cool because we are so utterly brainwashed by the unspeakable terror and helplessness of our situation.

Yeah, life as we know it can be extinguished in one night by one of these machines, and there are 20 of them fueled and ready. Ha ha ha. Real funny. It’s not real, is it?

I mean, you could drop a 2,400 lb hydrogen bomb on your noisy neighbors and nothing would happen to you, right? Because you’re so cool. Just like in the cartoons on TV. That’s what’s real, right?

What’s wrong with this map?

With apologies to the “Sunshine State”, where I have stayed too long.

Bad Hair Day

by Anni Morris

Giuseppe Arcimboldo’s “Summer”, turned into “Junk Food”.

by C-nick

On the subject of food, this was my entry in the game when it was originally played, back in the day, at PiMT:
Judas Starts a Food Fight

With apologies to Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper

Florida Arcimboldo

Here I have taken two iconic images and combined them for Halloween.
The first is of course Whistler’s Mother (done to death, I know, but there it is).
The second is a still from director Alfred Hitchkock’s 1960 film, Psycho.
I call it Whistler’s Dead Mother.

with apologies to James Abbott McNeill Whistler and Alfred Hitchcock.

Zombie van Gogh

by C-nick

Zombie Alien Vampire Parasite van Gogh:

I just love those pastels!
By the way, that’s the scolex of a tapeworm. In case you were curious.

The Assassination of Jack Pumpkinhead

by titus toledo

Andy Nawroski Andy Nawroski 1192 posts

Hi Carson! thank you for the great link to FM … looks friendly & easy to navigate…

Love all Van Gogh’s work especially his beautiful technique, hope you like these three of my homages to the great artist:))

Madonna with Christ Child 3. -————————————-Mona in the Garden of Dreams——————————Jesus Reclining in Fashion

Couldn’t resist these takes.