25% off lightweight hoodies? Heavy. Use HOODSRGOOD.

Remodernist Painters' Group - 2/CALENDAR MONTH

Remodernism is an alternative to the established High Art hegemony, known as Post-Modernism.

Challenges

Carson Collins Carson Collins 639 posts

A request for all of you who may enter “Challenges” at the RPG in the future: When you enter an image in the “Challenge”, Please remember to go to the “Manage Group Submissions” feature for that image and also “submit” (I prefer the word “contribute”) it to the RPG. Otherwise, we have no way of featuring it.

For example, two of the winners in the most recent “Challenge” didn’t do this, and I’m still trying to get in touch with them so that we can feature their winning entries on the overview page.

Does anyone know how to contact karmym or Charlotte Johansson? I’ve already tried the obvious ways, including karmym’s facebook page.

The WATER Challenge is now open for entries. Here’s the image that I wanted to use as the exemplar, but the software at redbubble won’t let me:

Water stands, like Fire, for deep, but also for variable, or – expressed in a positive way – “open” emotions, for the acceptance of diversity and the will for the new. Water also represents the contemplative moment, the searching in your inner self, for the discovering of the deepest and darkest things of yourself but also for unleashed chaos, for uncertainty without a goal. Water, in opposition to the stability of Earth, stands for inspiration, for creation, for giving birth to ideas, longings and hopes, for moving and for changing. Because if Water stands still, it will rot, just like things made of derivates of the Element of Earth. But the flowing and the constant re-arrangement as well as the inherent desire to increase, to overflow, to pave the way of the unknown, are also the Water’s strength. Water is the first idea to get started, reaching for a goal, where Fire is the actual real first step towards achieving these ideas.

It is not incidentally that many a culture sees Water as the source of all. Water means surviving or not surviving, life or death. Water stands for the influences of the moon. Water stands for freedom and independence. Water is creation and destruction of prior things, care and wisdom, but also tranquility and healing to restore what was once lost. The Element of Water stands for cleanness and pureness, for innocence and virginity. Water is the force which changes people, minds, time and everything, as Water itself is constantly changing, but always the same, a constant pulse of life. Where Fire transforms, Water is the element which demands to be transformed and is transformed itself.

To represent Water alchemists often use the sign of a drop or the wave, depending on how the element is used in an alchemistical formula. Art also is said to need Water for inspiration, and is therefore dedicated to this element. The most common natural representations of Water are the rain and the sea.

Blue, purple and white are the colours of the Water. The circle, a symbol of Baveras, the Santharian Goddess of the Sea, is also a symbol of the Water in general, probably because it is shapeless, but has the will to spread in all directions. The mythological beast of the Water is the sea-horse or the fish horse. It is a fine representation of the double meaning of Water. It can be a sign for fishers of a clean, fertile and pure sea, but it can also mean that there is a heavy storm approaching.

- ref: Santharia

Congratulations to Linda Ridpath, the winner of the "WATER’;Challenge. Linda, please send me the 6 images of your paintings that you would like to have featured on our overview page for the next 3 months. I came in 3rd, and Marylin Brown came in 2nd.

OK, time to start another “Challenge”. We’ve completed the alchemical elements series; does anyone have a theme they’d like to propose?

Congratulations to the winners of the “ORANGE” Challenge: David Mowbray, Andrew Cain, and Catrin Ståhl-Szarka. Will you all please oblige me by contributing the images of your paintings that you want to have featured on our overview page for the next three months? Only Catrin Ståhl-Szarka has responded so far. If nobody else responds during the next week, she will be the sole featured artist at the RPG for the next three months.

OK, I’m changing the rules again. All of the members of the RPG who belong to 50 or more groups at redbubblle are going to be eliminated. If you have even placed in our last “Challenge”, please send me some images of your paintings that you would like to have featured on our overview page. Otherwise, please quit the group. I don’t have time for people who don’t care or even know what Remodernism is, or have the time or interest to participate.

Congratulations to the winners of our latest “Challenge”, YELLOW: DiNovici (with 5 votes), and May Hege Rygel (with 3 votes). They are now featured on our overview page.

Our next “Challenge” will be GREEN, and will begin on or around the 1st of April. If anyone would like to contribute an image to be the avatar for that “Challenge”, this is the place to do it.

Our new challenge, GREEN, was launched today. I hope that more of you will participate in this one than the last. Good luck to all entrants, and I hope that those of you who do not enter will at least take the few minutes required to vote.

Congratulations to the winners of our latest “Challenge”, GREEN: RKB-arts, and Margaret Morgan, who tied for first place with four votes each.

Again, voter turnout was miserably low. People, please put your heart into the RPG or get your ass out.

Would anyone like to be the Avatar for our new “Challenge” – BLUE?

Congratulations to the winners of the BLUE “Challenge”. I took first place with a pathetic 6 votes for my entry Blues Ultra. Linda Ridpath took second place for Elemental 2 Water, and Terri Maddock took third place for her entry, Monet’s Pond, Giverny.

Our new challenge, INDIGO, is now open for entries.

WE NEED AN EXEMPLAR FOR THIS CHALLENGE. Any volunteers?

This will be an interesting challenge. Frankly, I doubt if there will be any entries that qualify, much less any winners; This in spite of the fact that one can buy a tube of indigo paint in any art supply store.

I can no longer justify the amount of time I spend hosting this group. If one of the other hosts wants to step in, that’s all good, but I doubt if anyone will even notice or care. As of now, Remodernism on redbubble is over. I no longer have any control over what happens here.