Shop

Choose the RedBubble Home Page

Kathie Nichols Kathie Nichols 3268 posts

Hi Lois, great to see you! Yes, we’re kinda still hanging around on a thread…lol! A little chat or blog of our own, nice to stay in touch :)))

DreddArt DreddArt 746 posts

A quick Boo!
Heehee -—— :)

Mieke Boynton Mieke Boynton 2470 posts

Hi Dreddie…
;)
… and John and Lois and Kathie and Joanne!!

I’ve just returned from a week-long RedBubble photographic event organised by the fantastic Tinnieopener and ClaireBear. Basically, Bubblers from all over Australia journeyed to Cradle Mountain in Tasmania to enjoy each others’ company, share ideas, discuss photography (and RB) and take photos of this amazing area. It was incredible to meet so many people whose work I’ve admired for so long… including Rob Mullner, David Murphy, Rosie Appleton, Garth Smith, Mel Brackstone, Mark Shean, Mel Sinclair, Warren Patten, Julie White, Ian Berry, Kenny, Sharon Kavanagh, Kylie Reid, Kylie Sheahen, Donovan Wilson, Stephanie Johnson, Tony Crehan, Brett Chatwin, Nick Skinner, Penny and Elaine Teague. We were also joined briefly by Rhana Griffin, John Conway, Janet Rogerson, Margaret Metcalfe, Graeme Buckland and Liesel McGregor

What an experience!

Needless to say, I am returning home renewed, invigorated, excited and ready to invest a bit more time into the Bubble Community which still exists in pockets, rockpools, nooks and crannies around the place. Though it’s not what it used to be, it’s still special because the people it has attracted are special.

Just wanted to share… and to say that if you are looking for a bit of inspiration in the way of landscape photography, check out the links to the above members and add them to your watchlists if they’re not already there. Over the coming weeks, they’ll be adding some amazing photos of waterfalls/mountains/trees/streams/fungi/lakes and other beautiful things. I can’t wait to get home and process my photos!!!

Big hugs,
Mieke :)
xox

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6036 posts

Sounds amazing! :-) If only it was not on the other side of the world :-P Looking forward to see all the photos around the site :-) Maybe a quickie layout with one from each of you…. I’m sure you can work out 31… erm…. put 2 from yourself that makes 4 8 shot layouts ;-) Must have been wonderful :-)

Kathie Nichols Kathie Nichols 3268 posts

Hi Mieke, oh it sounds you had an awesome time, that would’ve been so much fun. Its great to see Bubblers getting together. We had a couple of meets on the Gold Coast Australia a couple of times a few years ago…but not much has happened since. WIll certainly check out everyones ports with the links you have provided, can’t wait to see all the Tassie shots! :)))

DreddArt….Boo right back at ya…lol!

Ellis…you should do a search on RB for bubblers in your area and maybe organise a local get together :))

It was awesome, Joanne and Kathie! Here are a few so far…

:) :) :)

Now I’m back at work…. sigh…. Ah well, I think work makes the fun times just that little bit more special!

Jacqueline Ison Jacqueline Ison 2556 posts

Oh how fabulous Meike! They are so stunning and tell such a story strung together like that. Makes me hungry for the unique beauty once found here in this thread!

Yay! Thanks, Jacq :)

Wendi Donaldson Wendi Donaldson 726 posts

There’s nothing like the Aussie RB community!! You are so fortunate to have each other and such beautiful country to capture!! Will look forward to seeing your uploads along with the others!! So happy for you that everyone had such a great time!! Cheers! Wendi xo

I completely forgot – I was going to do a few of these! Thanks for the reminder, Wendi!

I’ll do another one soon. There have been so many fantastic uploads from the 30 photographers who went… I can’t wait to do it again next year!

Corri Gryting Gutzman Corri Gryting ... 8793 posts

I miss all of this!!!!!

twistwashere twistwashere 263 posts

yes me2 , it all totally sux , and to have no explanation at all , except the obvious , being the money factor

Sales for me have increased since they made all the changes, but comments are down.
I received a very nice bmail explaining the changes before they made them. I do not remember all the reasons.

well , that is good Cori , I am glad this is the case for you , noice ,

But I still miss looking for hone page features….it was fun.

16th feb 2014 oh gosh yes , it was a real highlight for me , those 8 picture spreeds , crisp clean , flowing , telling a true story

Yup…

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6036 posts

Yes they were nice but I have to agree with Corri that the sales have gone crazy since the changes, they seem to increase with each change. That said, I miss chatting with people, yes comments have gone down, group activities have gone down, people have gone away and so on. Creating the homepage was fun.

Nice to see that a few people are still following this thread though. Hi from Singapore :-)

Hi back at you!