RedBubble Home Page (locked)

Sarah Bentvelzen Sarah Bentvelzen 2341 posts

The homepage looks great! Good work, Jan! ♥

Colleen Milburn Colleen Milburn 5832 posts

@Jan – congrats, it looks wonderful!!

Theme: Turtle Tees

JanT JanT 2688 posts

Thank you Red, Colleen, and Sarah, I am sure the NYIP photography students will be surprised and pleased. Thanks again!

Theme: Dots and Spots

The RedBubble Homepage The RedBubble ... 1295 posts

Just b’mailed Jan who asked about thread etiquette. So just to remind folks here is what I said:
- no more than 1 image from each artist per homepage
- don’t use it as a forum (primarily) to promote your own work
- don’t expect every homepage you put up to be used (as we only do 2/3 a day and sometimes have other things we need to feature.
Have I missed anything?
I know we also like to mix up T’s, photo’s, traditional and all other genre’s but this isn’t really an etiquette question (but good for people to know).
I haven’t given much guidance about why pages are chosen but this is always a bit difficult as there are lots of different reasons which are just hard to document as there isn’t much of a system (depends what I had in my coffee I think).

The RedBubble Homepage The RedBubble ... 1295 posts

One reason for example why I chose Jan’s page was that the art was really accessible ie I dont just want pages of “perfect” images which look really hard to do and are impossibly beautiful. Of course I love those sort of pages (and do them often) but good also for people who just do good photographs to understand that they are also welcome.

aglaia b aglaia b 3061 posts

;-) xox red
and sarah, your last 2 pages are incredible. you’re amazing girl. love it that you’re here!!!!
gosh so much great work and so much of it since i last looked.
pbrimages, your far horizons page is breathtaking.
i really love your zzzzzzzzzebra page doreen, genius. hehe xxx

great decision making red!
;-) xox

@Aglaia – Thank you, sweety! You always make me smile!

And I noticed you changed your profile pic… heehee :)

@ Red – thanks for putting that info up (and thanks to Jan for asking). It helps to have more ‘official’ guidelines, other than our own tacit ones which new people to the thread are either not sure about or aware of :-D

PLUS, do you want to add something to your guidelines about linking the art (though that’s not about etiquette)? Just a thought.

ab-type ab-type 72 posts

hahaha, only my moustache. thanks lil sarah! ;-) xox

ab-type ab-type 72 posts

LOL, oh oh, i forgot where i was. hehe. now it does look like i changed my profile pic. ;-) xox

DragonFlyer DragonFlyer 2266 posts

Congrats Jan!!!! (I know I was hoping for one of your landscape selections, but this one from the students goes together really well too) :D

@ Aglaia – you are REALLY confusing me now….. ?

@ Sarah – you are absolutely maintaining your wonderful standard of wackiness – go girl!

@ red – good reminder re ‘how to behave in class…’ lol… Thanks from all, I think…

@ – there were these great images of musical things and pianos that looked a bit like the one we used to have… apologies – I know they are there, but these pages just tick over so so fast…… dare I suggest – too many wonderfully inventive and creative people here with far too much time on their hands?? Shouldn’t you be at work or something LOL???

@DF – Uh oh! You found out my secret…. I’m unemployed, and have nothing to do… lol! But yes it’s true… am I the only one though? I’m doing a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) course….. and I like to call myself an ‘artist’ or ‘professional artist’ as it sounds better than saying ‘unemployed’ lol!

@ Sarah – it’s not possible to be ‘unemployed’ if you’re on RB…….

Sanne Thijs Sanne Thijs 935 posts

you know what i was dreaming!
i was dreaming that there where 16 selections on the homepage. 2 of 8 everytime, just because RED couldn’t pick anymore. :D

but here is my next selection.
i was just looking for some nice greens.

LOL @ dragonflyer, are you looking at artistic nudes again in the back row, you know they are not allowed on the home page. hehe i think…..
sanne, that’s a nice dream. love your latest one, those shades are so beautiful, it looks so alive! ;-) xox

LoriSmaltz LoriSmaltz 78 posts

Jan congrats!
sarah the dots are way too kewl , great idea.
sanne i love the green very much!!

BTW, to whom it will concern, i am unemployed this week, ( i live in the usa) haha

Thanks Lori!!!! :) Maybe we should start a job forum topic???

Pip Gerard Pip Gerard 965 posts

Love the mooostache Aggy :D LOL Orange suits you so much better than blue. ;D

Pip Gerard Pip Gerard 965 posts

Thanks Red for taking the time to write all that.. helps old and new to the thread.

By the way… am I the only one with the feeling that Red has changed personality a litte of late :D LOL … perhaps I’m completely wrong? Am I allowed to ask how many Reds there are? (I wont be offended if you don’t answer.. cause I love the mystery of Red anyway) LOL :D

@ Aggie!!!!! What? Me? I ONLY look at what IS allowed on the HP of course…. ;))) @ looove your mustache…

@ Sanne – what wonderfully beautiful soothing greens…

@ Pip – check somewhere back a whole lot of pages, I vaguely remember RED admitting to multiple personality disorder… (though – not to exactly how MANY personalities there might be LOL)

O NO!!! Gremlins in the thread again – I DID NOT talk in that weird font to you Aggie :(

Maybe we should call Red ‘Sybil’?!!