Save 25% on Mugs, Totes, and Spiral Notebooks. Use WAKEANDSAVE

Some Tips for your Collections!

Peter Hill Peter Hill 595 posts

Takes some time to organise, but you REALLY need to do it, if only to accommodate your NEW Public Profile and MOVE the default display of Recently added stuff down to the very bottom of your page.

I’ve created several, the FIRST being BEST SELLERS and used the Highlight function to showcase the first 6 artworks in that Collection.

RB has created a FAQ page here, but here are some Top Secret Tips (wink wink nudge nudge) for effective Collections:

1. Create an ODD number of Collections. This will mean your No.1 Collection window on your Public Profile will be twice the size of the others.
  2. You can drop an artwork into more than one collection.
  3. You can change the order of your Collections. Hover the mouse over the Collection you want to move. Click and hold on the red icon with the up and down arrows and drag to the position you want.
  4. Choose your avatar for each Collection carefully as a crop is prominently displayed. Note that you can change your avatar whenever you want, so you can therefore regularly change the look of your Public Profile page by changing all the avatars. Use the red Edit icon for a Collection which is on the top right of screen, select Display Settings, then click on your new Cover Image by scrolling through the Collection in the little window.
  5. The more Collections you have the better this is going to make your Public Profile page look “fresh” by changing their order periodically. But … too many Collections and people will need to scroll down your page – not good.
  6. Keep the Title of each Collection short as it dominates the window panel, and no you cannot change the size or type of the font. It’s BIG AND BOLD (Note to RB: too big!)
  7. Keep the Description of each Collection really short otherwise it runs on behind the left menu and can’t be read (RB plse note: Der!) [Edit: RB seems to have fixed this]
  8. Your Collection is ONE page. The more you put in it, the LONGER it takes to load. Think about creating more than one Collection for each theme you choose or perhaps be more niche in your chosen theme. I’m now hearing there is a limit of 100 artworks for each Collection.
  9. You cannot configure how your Collections are displayed by Product (RB plse note: Der!). I’ve gone instead for Uncropped. I’d love to display them as large framed prints with Black Matting but I can’t.
  10. Not happy with your Collection? You can delete it. Click on the Collection you want to delete. Hover mouse over the red Edit icon on the top right of your screen. Select Delete Collection. Gone! (Not your artwork, dummy, just the collection!)

Other Collections I have done or am about to do are:

1. BLUE MOUNTAINS
  2. SYDNEY
  3. SEASCAPES
  4. ABSTRACT
  5. TRUE TILT+SHIFT
  6. LANDSCAPES
  7. CANDID
JanT JanT 2558 posts

Thanks, Peter. This rocks! Just got home to see this fun! Appreciate your help.

Cat2be Cat2be 4420 posts

Thanks Peter

I love this. Having so much fun and will be late for work this morning. But this is way cooler :-))

Jacqueline Ison Jacqueline Ison 2545 posts

Peter great info, I was just about to write up a journal but I think you have most of it covered!

Peter great info, I was just about to write up a journal but I think you have most of it covered!

Dana DiPasquale Dana DiPasquale 1661 posts

never mind. got it

Vicki Ferrari Vicki Ferrari 754 posts

Big hugs Peter!!! Thank you!!! :))) I like the odd number bit too!! :))))

TextureoftheSin TextureoftheSin 1753 posts

Thank you so much for sharing this Peter :)

Franco De Luca Calce Franco De Luca... 9538 posts

Hi Peter Is there a way to edit/remove a collections folder?

Peter Hill Peter Hill 595 posts

Hi Peter Is there a way to edit/remove a collections folder?

Yes. Click on the collection you want to delete. Hover mouse over the red Edit icon on the top right. Select Delete collection. You can also Edit the Collection appearance – recommended!

[Edit: Tips now amended to include this.]

■Your Collection is ONE page. The more you put in it, the LONGER it takes to load.

If you have a lot of art that goes into one category I would recomment a dividing it into parts, such as

Seascapes 1
Seascapes 2

Franco De Luca Calce Franco De Luca... 9538 posts

Thanks Peter I dont like the font on the collection folders I think it it looks unprofessional and too large and it seems that you cant change it?

rodeorose rodeorose 1559 posts

Great ideas Peter- thanks!

Danica Radman Danica Radman 914 posts

thanks

Marg Thomson Photography Marg Thomson P... 97 posts

I have tried to sort the order the main picture appears on the front page but even though I pick the pic I want and save it in the collections bit, when I view my portfolio front page, it’s not in the order I saved! AAAAAAAARGH! Great tips tho darl – thanks! xoxox

Marg Thomson Photography Marg Thomson P... 97 posts

oh stupid me – I’ve got it now LOL!

Indrani Ghose Indrani Ghose 68 posts

Great help.

Vicki Ferrari Vicki Ferrari 754 posts

Hi Peter,

I wonder if RB would ever consider having SUB collections, so that we would not have to create i.e. (using your example)
Seascapes 1
Seascapes 2

Even if there were limited quantities of sub collections that one could have, it could help the general public find their way around a little better? And not miss out on something important!

You are a GEM Peter Hill! :)))

And thank you so much for sharing, and in such a simple and easy to understand format!

I hope Redbubble appreciate you and all that you do for this community! :))

Joanne  Bradley Joanne Bradley 206 posts

Thanks so much for the tips Peter!

TatumWulff TatumWulff 3360 posts

You’re always so helpful Peter, thank you once again for the clearly written tips!! I am SO thrilled, not only that we have control over organizing our works now, but I see from your gallery that we have the option of displaying our images cropped, based on whether they’re landscape or portrait format? I see space between the images…. I like that!

I wonder if we can create as many collections as want?

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6347 posts

Thanks! Is going to take some getting used to but is useful. At the moment the orders that I am doing are not sticking but it could just be me.

Will miss customising my profile each week and get bored VERY quickly with pages looking the same… with that in mind can you change the avatar on each collection periodically so that the ADD in me can appease the OCD in me?

I can see it’s a lot of hard work though and that people have been waiting for this. Thank you for the time and effort you have put in to this!

“so that the ADD in me can appease the OCD in me?” LOL Ellis!!! I understand your concerns!!! ;-))))

CapturedByKylie CapturedByKylie 1991 posts

Thanks for taking the time to write this up Peter. It is extremely helpful and now i feel i can collate my images much better than what i would have done before i read this.

Thanks once again.

I think a lot of people are going to be requesting a different type of font for the categories.. but enough talking, I have to get this started lol

Mel Brackstone Mel Brackstone 2392 posts

Cheers Peter, you’re a star!