How To Make Calendars

James Pierce James Pierce 162 posts

About the Calendars

RedBubble calendars are printed on an HP Indigo 5000 (for those who haven’t heard, this is the digital press). Each A3 page is printed on 170gsm paper. The cover shows your choice of image on heavier 300gsm paper. Your calendars have a hanger and white wire binding.

The image windows for calendars are as follows:

2182 by 1906 pixels for the main pages
3271 by 2874 pixels for the cover page

For this year you can only buy your own calendars, christmas is coming and the Elves get pretty busy so please get your order in promptly… 1st of Dec is the cut off for overseas orders, and the 8th of December for the Australians.

Dave, Hat and Calendar

You can read a few reviews here

How much I hear you say ?

$20 AUD, $19USD, $9GBP or $13EU

PS: Check out John’s post here for a few tips on selling your Cals to others.

Jo O'Brien Jo O'Brien 4616 posts

Yay for calendars!

robert murray robert murray 226 posts

Ive got two coming of my paintings and I just might get some more….soon

hillsrain hillsrain 3 posts

FANTASTIC! But as someone a little slow ;-) Are you saying that we from downunder cannot order Calendars after the 8th December? Hells bells, better get a move on then hadn’t I!

Stewart Macdonald Stewart Macdonald 5 posts

These calendars look great. I have a couple of questions.

Can we not have the redbubble advert on the front. I understand that you guys want to promote your business, but we can’t really sell these calendars professionally with that on the front. Can you move it to the back?

Where does the description text come from? The preview of my calendar is too small for me the read the block of text just above the date section. Is this just the description from each image? Does it include the title? Will formatting (bold/italics) come through?

Keep up the good work!

Stewart

Paul Quixote Alleyne Paul Quixote A... 44 posts

I have done mine. I would like to know how to make it available for sale to the public

Martin Pot Martin Pot 1003 posts

I have done mine. I would like to know how to make it available for sale to the public

See this post for info.

theurbannexus theurbannexus 8 posts

Great!

I’m going to try to come up with an India calendar from some of my work.

Yay!

Sarah Donoghue Sarah Donoghue 149 posts

can I still create my own calender? or did i miss out?

Martin Pot Martin Pot 1003 posts

can I still create my own calender? or did i miss out?

You can still create your own calendars. Just go here and create a new calendar!

Gilbert Gilbert 3 posts

Does anyone know why my photos would have uploaded to a different size than is required for the calendars? I have about 15 photos uploaded but it’s telling me that I have no art suitable to make a new calendar.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Crockpot Crockpot 518 posts

I am so confused…

I know there was an earlier post that said for ‘this year’ you can only buy your own calendar. Now it’s ‘08… so what’s the deal? I’m getting thoroughly frustrated here RB guys! Can somebody help me out?? PLEASE?

Will Hore-Lacy Will Hore-Lacy 99 posts

Gilbert: I can’t see any images on your page, are they all private? That may make a difference. The other thing is that they need to be big enough to print but since i can’t seem them I can’t tell

Crockpot: I’m sure there will be announcement when caneldars can be ordered from others, just keep an ear out for it.

photos40 photos40 5 posts

I don’t have any photos large enough for the front cover art can I request a RED BUBBLE logo to be the front cover???

TFFDavid TFFDavid 44 posts

I have a question, can you have it to start any moth you want?

There’s no point buying one with 3 months of the year gone, and I don’t want to wait another 9 months.

Ta

Sara Lamond Sara Lamond 1947 posts

Nope… people have been asking for the 2009 versions…

They came too late in 2008 for me to plan – I’d like to start marketing 2009 versions now, but don’t want to do that til the previews come out though.

jacqi jacqi 44 posts

RB say they have put making calendars available for public sale on hold until later in the year, whilst doing other things first, but I have requested they at least update the template to 2009 so we can do our own as for many of us, calendars are needed now not in September. Personally I want to sell to visiting tourists and by September they will have been and gone :(

ljmaxwell ljmaxwell 2 posts

How can I make a calendar

skunk skunk 1955 posts

Latoya, go to my bubble>little calendar tab and there you will see a tab for ‘create new calendar’
Edit- You also need to have art work to make a calendar

scholara scholara 105 posts

I have a question about images and formats!

The default setting for the largest files on my camera creates pixel dimensions of 2592 × 1944 as a jpg with file size being being 2mb on average.

If the calendars are A3 2182 × 1906 will I need to crop my images to a different aspect ration before I resize them to the A3 size or is A3 the same aspect ration?

Karen Gunn Karen Gunn 3 posts

When will 2009 calenders be available to buy?

LouiseK LouiseK 2 posts

Is there a way to download a FULLSIZE pdf of my calendar? Are any holidays or other important dates shown on the calendars?

Shelley Heath Shelley Heath 2332 posts

Is there a way to download a FULLSIZE pdf of my calendar? Are any holidays or other important dates shown on the calendars?

There are no dates for holidays shown on the calendar as it has to cater for a global audience and public holidays differ greatly. Also as far as I know there is not a way to see a fullsize pdf

dodges dodges 1 post

im trying to make a calandar but when i try im getting this msg -- You don’t yet have any art images suitable for use on RedBubble calendars. To make a calendar, you’ll need to add your images to RedBubble..

but i already have added my photos. does this mean they are not of a high enough resolution or something?? i dont really have the worlds best camera but its not that bad i dont think.. or am i just stupid and doing the wrong thing??

Shelley Heath Shelley Heath 2332 posts

Hi Dodges, there is an updated thread about calendars here

Images for the calendar need to be
2182 by 1906 pixels for the main pages
3271 by 2874 pixels for the cover page

If images are smaller than these specifications they will not show up in the list of artworks to be selected from.