Introducing leggings. You’ll never run out of inspiration.

Signature - Name

©Dawne M. Dunton ©Dawne M. Dunton 42 posts

I’m having a really hard time finding an answer to this question…Does RB put our name on the photos, cards, prints, t-shirts or anything, or do we put our signature on the photo itself then upload? I do have my signature on my photos (which can be changed if need be), but some photos I’ve check as note cards seem to be cut off at the bottom, which means cropping the photo, or moving the signature up, and it’s such a pain. Can I get some feedback on this please!! Thank you!

PS…Yes, I’m a newbie of 4 days now.

Mitch Labuda Mitch Labuda 6997 posts

It is up to us

I’m sorry, but that didn’t seem to help me at all. Does Redbubble put our names on the finished items that are sent to customers?

If, you mean a written signature, no, we have to.

There is nothing added to our works, we have to include the signature as you have done, if we want the signature

Then how do I keep my signature on the photo without it being chopped off at the bottom on the greeting cards without having to crop my photos myself or having to put it up further in my photo? It seems to be fine on everything larger, it’s only the greeting cards that seem to be a problem.

Cards are a bit different.

Aspect Ratios & Greeting Cards

Thank you so much, this is literally making me bonkers! lol I’m sorry for being such a pain!!

These forums are here for us, to help each other.

You didn’t understand and you asked, no bothers.

The help section contains most of what we need, if not, users are happy to help.

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 4798 posts

I have bought and/or seen: cards, postcards, photographic prints, a matted print, tee shirts, and an iphone case, from RB. The cards and postcards have the title, name, and URL of the person’s profile page on the back. The matted print, which I bought almost 3 yrs ago so not sure if this is still current, had the artist’s name on the back I think. The photographic prints have no identifying info put on by RB. I don’t recall that the case did either. Tees also have no permanent identifying info added to them.

So, if you want your name to appear on something, it’s better you just put it on the image itself. Whether that’s your name, a legible signature, or a typed and added copyright notice that you put on it in photo editing programs, just so it’s legible. It can be pretty small. Yes, sometimes if your signature is too close to the edge, a card will cut it off. it can be tricky to place it just right on a phone case too but the template shows you where the image is. Working in a tiny identifying signature/notice on these can be trickier.

I used to sign a lot of my paintings with initials, but I switched to a legible signature after putting so much of my work online. More recently, I also started adding a tiny copyright notice to the work for prints. The so-called watermarks, clear gifts, right-click disabling, etc, that sites employ to discourage infringement, are not very effective. Work gets shared on social media, and unless the site has automatic attribution, ownership of your work could get lost. And, once a print is purchased, I want something on it permanently so other potential buyers can look me up, and so that it’d be more work for someone to go to, to make copies. At first it bugged me to have to add a more noticeable signature/notice, but I got over it! It has not hurt me one bit to do this, other than some time editing older images to add it.

Cindy, thanks so much for your time! I’m still having a problem figuring out how to get it on the card without it being cut off. I don’t want to lose the size on possible larger prints. I have figured out the t-shirts and have no problem with a signature on that…it’s just these cards.

Mitch, I do appreciate your help. I’m thinking I have mental block (bad day), that I’m just not getting it. I may just got back and take the signature off all but the t-shirt.

Prettyinpinks Prettyinpinks 1043 posts

Hello newbie! ;) I’ve been on here for 2 months ish so I’m kind of able to help you out if you have any questions! :) Well.. if your customer buys a Tshirt from you, redbubble adds your username/ name on the tag, you know, where it says what size it is :p – thats about all they do for name wise; you can add your own watermark on your photo/ graphics BUT sometimes it can look a bit fuzzy if you change the sizes for bigger/smaller products – I just leave out the watermark on it because it would just go wrong probably haha!

Just ask if you need any help – I’ll be happy to help ;-)

-Prettyinpinks x

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 4798 posts

Yes, the cards can cut off a bit even if you make them exactly the right proportion, it seems.

Thank you Prettyinpinks and thanks again Cindy. I’m now going to go back and replace all my photos without a signature. SIGH! lol

The cards have a different dimension requirement, noted in the link, many people make separate files for cards alone.