We launched leggings! Step into a world of individuality.

Media and Publicity

Artists and material available for the media.

Copyright and Use of Work

Pilgrim Pilgrim 249 posts

Copy of Bubblemail Sent to All Group Members

Firstly, welcome to the Media & Publicity Group.

You are probably wondering a little bit about what this group will do.

Well the big issue is that we are often in contact with journalists/bloggers and they ask us can they profile an artist or for an artist’s work to illustrate a story. And we typically only have a short time to provide this. So the purpose of this group is to give us a quick pool of artists who we know will be available and a selection of work.

Therefore any work that you upload to this group may be made available to the media for non-commercial purposes. Often they will want a high res. file and so in adding your work to this group you understand that we may make such a file available.

IF YOUR ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE ABOVE DO NOT UPLOAD WORK TO THIS GROUP. I will not be offended should you choose to leave.

And of course, we will notify you of any contacts with the media related to your work and will make clear that should they wish to use your work that:
- you, the artist, retains full and absolute copyright over the work
- the license to use it is limited to the specific article/purpose we are discussing with them
- you, the artist, must be attributed.

We will also make every conceivable effort to get you a copy of the article that is produced. (I have recently had an experience with an article that was produced in the UK for Corel Mag where I have simply been unable to get the final article despite at least 5 approaches to them. This is the first time I have failed! And now we have offices in the US and UK I am hoping this won’t happen again.)

Finally, I will be asking you shortly for some more background on you as artists so we can provide this to selected media. This is the “collectors cards” idea.

And P.S. for the moment this group is closed. I want to get it up and running before inviting more people. I need a manageable list for the time being.